Need new receiver any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chum1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
pa
The receiver I got when I bought my system was a general instrument i350, and I cant receive anything. I would like a newer up to date replacement receiver. I saw several MOTOROLA 4DTV DSR922 on ebay. Any suggestions?

Thanks again

There are a few analog channels left, mainly religious, arts and shopping.

What are you looking to pick up? If you want to subscribe to channels get a 922, if you want free channels get a FTA receiver.

look before you leap:

We have another forum department for 4D:
4DTV DISCUSSION

You need to read through there before spending any money on 922 that may be useless past the end of the year. - :rolleyes:
It's not 'business as usual'.

I don't keep up with the details, so cannot offer any more advice.

There are a few analog channels left, mainly religious, arts and shopping.

What are you looking to pick up? If you want to subscribe to channels get a 922, if you want free channels get a FTA receiver.

Hi,

I would like to watch the FTA c/ku channels and live feeds like before. Is the wiring the same on the FTA receivers?

Thanks!

Yes but it gets a lot more complicated.The wiring is actually not the same the coax is the same but you need to keep using you're analog receiver to move your dish and adjust the polorotor.The receiver works in a whole different way.On the old analog reeiver you just had to enter the transponder number and thatwas it.But with an fta receiver you have to enter the transponder frequency the symbol rate for each channel,the F.E.C and then the Video PID and the Audio Pid.Some receivers like Pansat can scan satelittes and find these symbol rates and all those things.But the receiver needs these to tune in because sometimes there is more then 1 channel on 1 transponder since it's digital so you need the pids to tune in a specific channel.If you're not used to this you're gonna find it very complicated so if you don't understand what I'm saying then it's better that you don't get into it.I have it because I have been to C band since 1996 and with Fta you can tune in master feeds that has far better quality picture and sound then Directtv,Dishnet,OR Cable.But you're not gonna get an mayor cable channel you'll get low rated channels and foreign stuff.4DTV is not even worth going into.Because all of the providers are actually promoting small dish and they are beating all their subscribers off by removing channels from their line up everytime and now they are asking Motorola to even stop mapping 4dtv receivers after dec 31.When they do that people will only be abe to sub to 1 measly sat and the 4dtv will only see that sat and won't be able to move to any other sat anymore.

try the openbox hd sathawk its a damn good box for c band does ac3 autio good blindscan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts