Need opinion on my dish/ota setup

Atizman3

Original poster
Jul 17, 2010
Arizona
I'm remodeling, as part of the process I am adding some capability so would like some feedback on my setup.

This is my first post so will try to upload a diagram of what I want to do and would appreciate feedback on whether I am on the right track.

Layout schematic.jpg

Reactions: . Raine
That should work. I have a 1000.4EA done this way feeding two 612's and one 722. So, I have no need for the DPP44 in your diagram. But I do have the diplexers and separators (no triplexer here, but that would be simpler) for my receivers, all of which have OTA tuners connected to a roof antenna.

That should work. I have a 1000.4EA done this way feeding two 612's and one 722. So, I have no need for the DPP44 in your diagram. But I do have the diplexers and separators (no triplexer here, but that would be simpler) for my receivers, all of which have OTA tuners connected to a roof antenna.

Thanks for your response. Thinking about this further, I have a question about the diplexers. I notice that Holland are approved by Dish network. However I notice that there is a version that passes current (blue) and one that does not (red). I am not sure which ones to use. Since I am adding the DPP44 with its own power insertion, do I still need to have power going from each receiver to the DPP44 ? If so, then my original assumption to use 4 of the "blue" diplexers was correct, otherwise maybe I should use the "red" version?

I would have to look that up about the Holland diplexers to be sure. But IIRC both are power-passing on the sat side. One color is rated for about 1A, and the other for about 2A. I think you need whichever color is rated for 2A to power that DPP44. <-- from memory :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)