Need OTA Connection Help

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

retrotv

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
Middle Tn
Hi, I was getting lots of ota channels until I swapped from cable to satellite. I had an indoor antenna connected to the back of the tv. Now I can't get a signal from the antenna. I connected the antenna into the antenna input on the triplexer and still get nothing. I have a vip722k dual receiver. I used the remote that came with the tv and put the setting on antenna like I did when I had cable, it says no signal on the screen. I don't know what else to try. Thanks

:confused::confused::confused:

I think we need a little more info. How are the signals coming in? Do you have singe cable with satellite and OTA coming in together or are they each on their own cable? when you had cable how did it work? if they are coming in separately have you tried connecting the OTA antenna cable directly to the receiver? Are you sure you are hooking up the OTA to the correct input on the 722K. In fact a 722k haneeds an OTA module. Is that module installed?

The satellite is on it's own cable. I have a dual receiver and there is a coaxial connector for an antenna on the triplexer. I connected the antenna to it, but still no ota. I didn't see anywhere on the back of the receiver for an antenna or extra coaxial cable. When I had cable, I just connected the antenna to the back of the tv, then pressed the antenna button on the tv remote to watch ota. I have 2 coaxial connectors on the back of the tv. I had to get a signal booster to get the signal to come in, but the picture went from nothing to great with the booster.

You need an OTA tuner module in order to receive OTA channels on the ViP722k. Once you get that installed, it will be very obvious where the OTA cable plugs in.

If the OTA antenna is on its own cable there is no need to connect it toa triplexer. It should connect directly to the OTA module. However if you see only two coax inputs they are both for satellite. you take the satellite input and connect it to a separator so that eah inpit (one for each tuner) gets satellite. If you have no other inputs you need to order the OTA mdule for the 722K.

The module is for INOUTS. it has nothing to do with the ability to feed two TVs

The satellite receiver feeds 2 tvs, the livingroom and a bedroom. It has a splitter with 2 cables connected, and a third connector for an antenna. I'm not familier with the module. The satellite installer didn't tell me I needed anything extra to continue to pick up the ota's. Wish he had of.

This is the triplexer. The connector on the left is for an antenna. Don't know if it matters, but I don't have the dvr, just the 722k receiver.

Attachments

• triplexer.jpg
    triplexer.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
The 722K is a DVR.

If the OTA and satellite signals are each coming in on different cables you do NOT need to connect them to the triplexer. the OTA should connect to the OTA module and you then connect each satellite tuner to the satellite. That connection would normally take place using a separater not a triplexer.

I didn't know the 722k was also a dvr. I was just looking on Amazon at MT2 ota module. Got good reviews. Seems to be an easy install, so I guess that will take care for the issue. Thanks

JUST CONNECT THE INDOOR ANTENNA TO THE BACK OF THE TV THE SAME AS THE CABLE WAS CONNECTED YOU DON"T NEED THE TRIPLEXER OR THE MODULE. JUST KISS keep it simple stupid.

He needs the module if he wants the OTA to appear in the guide or to recorrd them---of course if he did not know he hada DVR it is unlikely he intended to record anything.

I did, but the signal was so low it said no signal on the screen. I went in to the diagnostics on the tv to fine tune the antenna, and the highest it would go was 40, then it would drop. I need a 60 or more to pick up the signal, and that's with a signal booster.

If you were getting OTA on that same TV when you had cable why cant you get it now using the same method?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts