Need parts for Winegard Polar mount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rv1pop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
As I began assembling the mount for my 10 foot perferated dish, I found I am missing 2 of the brackets. They are 1/8" steel, 4" wide with a 2" foot. They measure from 4 7/8" high to 6 3/16" high with 2 slotted holes in the top, 5/8" from the top edge on 3" centers. I hope you can see what I need in the picture.
All help will be appreciated. If no one knows where there are some, I will see if I can find a shop to make them, but it appears the closest shop that can make them is 100 miles away!

Attachments

• DSCN0186.JPG
    DSCN0186.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 279
Pop, I know where there is a Pinnacle at a Motel with that kind of mount on it, but I would have to get the dish, take it down dismantle it, and then send the parts.

Might be a tough job. :(

Pop, I know where there is a Pinnacle at a Motel with that kind of mount on it, but I would have to get the dish, take it down dismantle it, and then send the parts.

Might be a tough job. :(

Thanks for the thoughts and information, but I do believe that is a ways from here. Further than the machine shop!;) If you wanted the other parts it might be worth it. But if you know of one, there probably is someone that has parts already, I hope:)

I am looking for other dishes around here, but so far every dish I have looked at are in use or the people want MONEY for. One 16 or 18 foot dish, bent over mount has a $3500 price tag!:eek:

Thanks again

POP

Not to take business away for any machinists out there, but I wouldn't take it to a machine shop. Those parts don't have to be perfect, just strong. If you don't have the scrap or capability to make it yourself, I'd take one of those brackets to a muffler shop, garage, small engine repair shop, etc. and ask them if they can make two more brackets like the sample. If you have a neighbor that likes to make things, maybe they can help you out. Good luck.

Not to take business away for any machinists out there, but I wouldn't take it to a machine shop. Those parts don't have to be perfect, just strong. If you don't have the scrap or capability to make it yourself, I'd take one of those brackets to a muffler shop, garage, small engine repair shop, etc. and ask them if they can make two more brackets like the sample. If you have a neighbor that likes to make things, maybe they can help you out. Good luck.
Good thought. I wonder if I put the stock pair diagonally and home brew parts on the other two how that would work. Of course, my main concern is the strength. We have extreme winds here.
But then we have also only have one or two garages in the area. The rest are near the machine shops.:(

little brainstorming

Yea, you need two more just like the two you have/??
I'd think it would be easy to whip up something.
Have a friend with a metal-bending brake, but don't know if it'd handle 1/8" steel.
If you find someone who actually does have the equipment, it should be easy enough to make a paper pattern by laying one on a sheet and tracing around it.

Alternately, if you could find a piece of metal already bent 90º, I'll bet you could cut it and drill it with your existing tools.
Perhaps at a Home Depot?
Accuracy of the outline is probably not a major concern.
Hole placement within 1/16" is probably fine.

With the great suggestions above of muffler shops , engine shops, and such places, I'll bet you'll come up with something in no time. :)

As I began assembling the mount for my 10 foot perferated dish, I found I am missing 2 of the brackets. They are 1/8" steel, 4" wide with a 2" foot. They measure from 4 7/8" high to 6 3/16" high with 2 slotted holes in the top, 5/8" from the top edge on 3" centers. I hope you can see what I need in the picture.
All help will be appreciated. If no one knows where there are some, I will see if I can find a shop to make them, but it appears the closest shop that can make them is 100 miles away!

I have those! I took a 10' Winegard down about 3 months ago and all the brackets are sitting in a five-gallon bucket in my shed. Give me a better idea of which one(s) you need and they're yours!

EDIT: is This what you need?

Attachments

• bracket.JPG
    bracket.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 248
  • bracket2.JPG
    bracket2.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 238
I have those! I took a 10' Winegard down about 3 months ago and all the brackets are sitting in a five-gallon bucket in my shed. Give me a better idea of which one(s) you need and they're yours!

EDIT: is This what you need?

Those are the critters.

The winegard tech told me they are all the same height. I thought I remembered different heights, but I figured I could have been wrong. Those do not all look quite the same. If they are different heights, do you remeber which went where? EDIT: I printed out the picture and they are the same!

Last edited:
Those are the critters.

The winegard tech told me they are all the same height. I thought I remembered different heights, but I figured I could have been wrong. Those do not all look quite the same. If they are different heights, do you remeber which went where? EDIT: I printed out the picture and they are the same!

Well, send me your address then and they will be on the way. You need bolts or anything? I have all the bolts (that weren't bent, some were) I took out in the bucket too. I could dump it all in a USPS Flat Rate Box, no muss no fuss. Shoot me a PM.

Attachments

• IMG_1419.JPG
    IMG_1419.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1420.JPG
    IMG_1420.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_1421.JPG
    IMG_1421.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Thank You, Stogie. And thanks to all who read and / or suggested. We are looking forward to getting the parts... Now I have to get the post up! I am not going to wait for the foundation but will put in rebar to tie the two ends to the center and to the ground wire.

Time to give it a good coat of rust paint while its down. If any of the bolt holes in the metal parts are worn, you can always see if you can use the next size larger bolt to firm the connections up. I did this with my TV tower when I had it down last summer. A coat of rust paint and new larger bolts as the holes had elongated. If the next size bolts are too big, you can always file the holes out untill the bolts can be pushed (or forced) through the holes. Takes the slop out of any connections and firms the whole thing up. For any of the pivoting points you can get hardened bolts.

Thanks Larry, It is mostly free of rust and it was only up a few months before I got it, so the bolt holes are as good as new. I will chip or sand off some chipping paint.

AND a great BIG THANKS to Stogie for the parts, they arrived today. Mom says you are a wonderful friend!

I will get more pictures posted as the work progresses.

AND a great BIG THANKS to Stogie for the parts, they arrived today. Mom says you are a wonderful friend!

No problem. We need to help each other nowadays more than ever. :up

I hope it all works for you.

And by all means, post pictures! if you don't Brother Anole will ask you to anyway...:D:up

what goes around . . .

rotfl ! - :D
You know me too well, Stogie.

Oh, and by the way, this isn't the first time Stogie helped someone out.
I think he's making a habit of it. - :cool:
So, thanks again from me, too!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts