Need pointers from the Moderators here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lee78221

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
at a Message Board I know and love I have just became a Moderator Alongside 2 other people (we volunteered).

do you have any pointers for this new Moderator?:cool:

lol, shouldn't you be asking over there. Or was your point to make it how easy it was for you to become a mod there :D

BFG said:
lol, shouldn't you be asking over there. Or was your point to make it how easy it was for you to become a mod there :D
there were never any mods before us 3 so I want to ask the mod here because they have more experience than I do and same for the others.

tip #3 you are also considered an a$$hole.

tip # 4 scott, if you settled me down, you can speak to anyone.

tip #5 scott, you have been getting really shrill on here , IMHO.

cablewithaview said:
are there more details to come ???

Just giving Lee a hard time.

In the short conversations I have had with Lee on these boards I have found Lee to be the kind of person who wears his heart on his sleeve.

I know that whatever decisions he makes, moderating his board, those decisions will be made with his best intentions.

My only concern for Lee is that he is a sensitive person and I hope he can make his decisions without taking the criticism to heart.

boston area dtv said:

In the short conversations I have had with Lee on these boards I have found Lee to be the kind of person who wears his heart on his sleeve.

I know that whatever decisions he makes, moderating his board, those decisions will be made with his best intentions.

My only concern for Lee is that he is a sensitive person and I hope he can make his decisions without taking the criticism to heart.

I believe he will do fine.

boston area dtv said:

you are right When I am done talking you will know were I stand but I would not say I am a sensitive person and i will be able to make decisions without taking it to the heart.

Last edited:
One thing I have learned is Stay in your moderating area... If you venture out to other areas on the site that isnt moderated by you, it could bring wrath upon you. (I learned the hard way) But, Im glad to say that we do have the best moderators here on the Internet and were like a big famley so were all bound to diffrences sometimes. The way we put our heads together makes us stronger in the long run. so in laymens terms I guess what im trying to say is learn the ropes, just like with any job and make sure your allways doing the right thing. :)

I was the Mod at www.fastmachines.com and the father of the siteowner started giving me sh*t on the main part of the site over my views on races and made it personal so I just walked away from it. Will never do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts