Need recommendations for OTA Booster

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TomC

Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 1, 2005
My current wiring setup includes a rooftop OTA antenna and a triple LNB. 5 runs (four from the dish and 1 from the OTA antenna) come from the roof to the 5x8 multiswitch. My problem is distributing the OTA signal to the 3 HD set top boxes. If I go around the multiswitch and attach a diplexer directly to the run going to one of my HD receivers, that receiver will work fine, but of course the others dont. When I go through my 5x8, I don't get an OA signal anywhere. I assume it's because the OA signal degrades too badly.

I think I saw somewhere here about a signal booster you could put on the antenna side of the multiswitch. Would that work - and can anyone recommend an exact brand and model?

Thanks,
Tom

If your guess is right any standard UHF/VHF signal amplifier should work. What brand of multiswitch and diplexers are you using?

I have tried a Terk and currently have an Eagle Aspen multiswitch. The diplexers I can't remember - they're from Best Buy.

Anything esle I should look for?

Thanks

here is the question, are you using deplexors at the back of the recievers when you input the feed into the multiswitch. The lines should go 4 sat into switch, 1 off air into switch, at reciever install diplexor in reverse, sat side to reciever, ant side to off air. the off air digital signal should not need to be amped at all depending on your location and antenna style, please tell me you are not using a batwing.:hungry:

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am using diplexors at the back of each receiver to split the signal back out. DirectTV put up the OA antenna, but it could indeed be described as a "bat wing" or airplane wing.

The thing is reception is fine for OA HD locals when I don't go through the multiswitch, yet I get the "searching for signal" when I do go through the MS.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv cabling and electrical breaker panel

Suggestions on a bedroom TV for Directv and Computer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts