Need some help guys.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
Ok I just added KU like I said I was going to do in a previous post. All seems to have gone ok. C band is working fine just like before. The problem is with KU after looking at lyngsat I can't find any in the clear KU transponders. My receiver is the Uniden Supra so it doesnt tell me what degrees I am at. The only thing I can do is tune to a C and KU band satellite and then search but, if there is nothing up at the time I won't find anything. My question is are there any KU transponders that have something on them pretty much all the time so I can tell if this thing is working? Any tips for me? I would appreciate it. Thanks alot!

Hey charper thanks for the reply. I have checked all over lyngsat. I have been informed that the only 24/7 KU analog channel is AMC 9 Ku Tr 19. It's said to have colour bars. I haven't had any luck finding it. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully some more spring training games will be on lighting up some analog satellites.

Just to know, why the big issue wanting to locate an analog KU feed? I would guess that 99.999% of the KU up there is DVB.

It's easier to lock on an analog signal. It's not all or nothing. You can see it on your screen as it gets stronger.

boomer_106 said:
Hey charper thanks for the reply. I have checked all over lyngsat. I have been informed that the only 24/7 KU analog channel is AMC 9 Ku Tr 19. It's said to have colour bars. I haven't had any luck finding it. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully some more spring training games will be on lighting up some analog satellites.

Galaxy 10 and SBS 6 usually have sport feeds on the weekend.
IA 5 and 6 sometimes have news feed around the time the news would come in.

mkm4 said:
It's easier to lock on an analog signal. It's not all or nothing. You can see it on your screen as it gets stronger.
Sorry I was referring to KU only, I do agree analog c-band is widely available and very easy to lock on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts