Need some help guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
boomer_106

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 17, 2005
Ok I just added KU like I said I was going to do in a previous post. All seems to have gone ok. C band is working fine just like before. The problem is with KU after looking at lyngsat I can't find any in the clear KU transponders. My receiver is the Uniden Supra so it doesnt tell me what degrees I am at. The only thing I can do is tune to a C and KU band satellite and then search but, if there is nothing up at the time I won't find anything. My question is are there any KU transponders that have something on them pretty much all the time so I can tell if this thing is working? Any tips for me? I would appreciate it. Thanks alot!

boomer_106

boomer_106

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 17, 2005
Hey charper thanks for the reply. I have checked all over lyngsat. I have been informed that the only 24/7 KU analog channel is AMC 9 Ku Tr 19. It's said to have colour bars. I haven't had any luck finding it. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully some more spring training games will be on lighting up some analog satellites.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Just to know, why the big issue wanting to locate an analog KU feed? I would guess that 99.999% of the KU up there is DVB.

M

mkm4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2003
It's easier to lock on an analog signal. It's not all or nothing. You can see it on your screen as it gets stronger.

M

mkm4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2003
boomer_106 said:
Hey charper thanks for the reply. I have checked all over lyngsat. I have been informed that the only 24/7 KU analog channel is AMC 9 Ku Tr 19. It's said to have colour bars. I haven't had any luck finding it. I will try again tomorrow. Hopefully some more spring training games will be on lighting up some analog satellites.

Galaxy 10 and SBS 6 usually have sport feeds on the weekend.
IA 5 and 6 sometimes have news feed around the time the news would come in.

charper1

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
mkm4 said:
It's easier to lock on an analog signal. It's not all or nothing. You can see it on your screen as it gets stronger.
Sorry I was referring to KU only, I do agree analog c-band is widely available and very easy to lock on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)