Need some help with locals 72.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

manwayvan

Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
Unknown
Hello Everyone. I am hoping that someone can help me resolve an issue I have with locals with Direct Tv. Basically I have a single dish(Dual LNB)running into a single receiver(D10) and I am picking up programming just fine except my locals. I checked my parents setup and they are running 2 dish's and 1 is on 72.5. I have another dish but only have 101 lnbs and not 72.5's. Is there any ways to pickup 101,,110,and 119, and 72.5 all on 1 dish using my current setup? I can check my signal strength and I get great signal on 72.5 expect trans 4 and 28 which reads 0 , the rest are over 80s. On 95 I get signal on trans 15 and 22 only. However when I go to a local channel the screen displays "This program is not available in your area. (727). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I had read a little bit about them phasing out 72.5 startin in August 09 but wasnt sure if I could get locals on another sat or not. Is there much advantage to doing an upgrade to mpeg-4 receivers? Also when running 2 dishes could you tell me what kind of splitter I would need to hook them both to a single receiver. Sorry for all the questions but I have been trying to find some answers to this for a couple of months now.

Why not call Directv and have them fix your problem? They will give you the equipment you need to get your locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)