Need some help with setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coorslight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2007
Ok my coolsat 6000 arrived last night and I took it out of the box and started hooking it up. He is the setup I have one coax running from the C side of the invacom to port 1 on the diseqc then another one running from the opposite L side of the LNB to port 3 on the diseqc. The coax's are on the outside edge of the lnb. Then I have another coax running to the rec on the SaTracer 3 SW (Satcontrol HH Motor). Then from motor straight to the receiver. Here is my problem I was able to get a good lock on 82, 91, 110, 119 and there was one more but I can't remember. if I have a good receiption on the lower end (82) and a good receiption on the other end (119) then I must on the setting wrong to get sats 101 (AMC-4) 97 (t-5) 93 (t-6) 87 (AMC-3) 79 (AMC-5) I can't get a lock on these sats. I think I'm close to having everything setup right on the dish sense I have a good Q I think that is the line on the bottom is 98% and the top is around 88-98 on (82-91-110-119). I did notice that when the motor was moving from 91 to 110 that it looked like it went over some sats because the red bar would jump to almost a full green bar. Hopefully you can make heads or tails out of all this. Oh zip is 36345.

Thanks,
Coors

Ok my coolsat 6000 arrived last night and I took it out of the box and started hooking it up. He is the setup I have one coax running from the C side of the invacom to port 1 on the diseqc then another one running from the opposite L side of the LNB to port 3 on the diseqc. The coax's are on the outside edge of the lnb. Then I have another coax running to the rec on the SaTracer 3 SW (Satcontrol HH Motor). Then from motor straight to the receiver. Here is my problem I was able to get a good lock on 82, 91, 110, 119 and there was one more but I can't remember. if I have a good receiption on the lower end (82) and a good receiption on the other end (119) then I must on the setting wrong to get sats 101 (AMC-4) 97 (t-5) 93 (t-6) 87 (AMC-3) 79 (AMC-5) I can't get a lock on these sats. I think I'm close to having everything setup right on the dish sense I have a good Q I think that is the line on the bottom is 98% and the top is around 88-98 on (82-91-110-119). I did notice that when the motor was moving from 91 to 110 that it looked like it went over some sats because the red bar would jump to almost a full green bar. Hopefully you can make heads or tails out of all this. Oh zip is 36345.

Thanks,
Coors

go into menu and set your "L" side to port "3"- freq=10750
set your "C" side to port "1"-freq= 11250
hope this helps

I will give it a try this afternoon when I get back home. Should I have the lnb type as single or use universal setting?

Thanks,
Coors

single

make sure to turn the switch off on the back of the receiver when adding/removing switches

Thanks for the advice on the switch, Hopefully I will get home in about another 1 1/2 hours so I can play around some more until I have to take the girlfriend out. :D

Well just wanted to thank everyone for there help and to let you know that I finally got it all working. Now I just need a bigger dish so I can get c-band. :D Does that mean i've been bitten by the bug. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)