Need Some Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redfish10

Original poster
Nov 22, 2008
Currently have 3 HD recievers in my house and trying to add a 4the reciever. The 4th reciever is the standard reciever D12-300 that I recieved when I originally got my service. I'm trying to activate this 4th reciever and all I get is "Searching for satellite signal" All lines are connected properly so I tried moving this reciever to the living room. I disconnected my working HD reciever and hooked up the standard reciever and get the same thing "Searching for satellite signal" I disconnect it and reconnect the HD box and it works fine. What am I missing here. The HD box works but the standard box will not. I have two of the D12-300 recievers and they are both doing the same thing. Are these not compatable with the new slim line dish.

Nothing has changed. I had the slim line 5 dish when I originally got the DTV installed and the worked. The only thing I have done with the standard boxes was disconnect them and now trying to activate 1 for a addittional tv. All I get is a black screen that says no audio or video.

There is nothing connected to the standard reciever except the sat input cable and the RCA output cable.

The BBC (b band converters) are used so that HD receivers can receive the new MPEG4 channels.

What happens if you remove the multiswitch temporarily? You can bypass it with a female to female barrel connector.

BTW, you can just edit a post to add information instead of replying again. :)

Make sure you go through the complete on screen set-up on the "old" box - make sure it is set to multi-LNB.

The "old" box should work just fine on the Slimline 5 LNB - but I don't think it would work with the newest SL 3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)