Need Some Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Otter Lake

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 23, 2006
North of the 49th
Not sure what I am doing wrong, but can not get any sat signal. Set up as follows:
Receiver Fortec Star LIfetime Classic
33 " Digiwave Dish
Standard Single LBNF
SG 2100 Motor
My Latitude 45.20 N 66.13
Mount pole for motor and dish Level and Plumb
Motor and dish set up @ true south (180+18.13) 198.13
Motor Latitude scale set @ 45
Dish elevation set @ (30-6.81)=23.19
Per previous post the nearest true south sat AMC6 @ 72 (Azimuth 188.083 Dish elev. 37.45). When I drive the motor to this position using the USALS on reciever Motor scale @ +6.5
The dish Elevation no where near 37.45. If I adjust the elevation and Azimuth am unable to get signal, even making small changes at a time. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help. :confused:

Looks good. Drive that motor to 0 and adjust elevation on the dish. Tune the Lifetime Classic to 12144 V 2573 (frequency, polarity, symbol rate) and move the DISH up and down and the motor assembly side to side. I would move side to side first with the elevation on the dish to where you think it should be, then fine tune the elevation to their. Also, make sure you've got the elevation on the motor set exactly on 45...I misread the markings myself and was throwing myself off big time. Good luck and keep us updated!

Thanks for the info. I will check the motor elevation again. As you can tell I am new at this. Where and how do I set the (frequency, polarity and symbol rate you mentioned? Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.