Need Some Help!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gvsurn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 5, 2004
Caledonia, MI
Ok I Have A Rooftop Antenna That Leads To An 8 Output Panel For Ota. I Have 2 411's Running Off Of That. I Just Activated The Second 411. All Ota Channels Are At 95/100 For Signal Strength Except For Nbc On One Of The 411's. That Channel Goes In And Out. I Get The Ota Signal Has Been Lost Warning And Then It Will Come Back In. It Does This Every 10 Seconds Or So. I Have Swapped Boxes And It Only Happens At The One Location. Any Suggestions??

Yeah I Have Had The Antenna For 2 Years And I Live About 12 Miles From All Of The Towers. Have Not Had A Problem Until I Hooked Up The Second 411

Yes, first of all if you do not need the 8 output splitter, bypass it in favor of a 2 outlet splitter. The two output has a loss of about 3dB, while the 8 is more like 10dB loss, and that could make all the difference.

If you're getting problems with one location only, check the cable for corrosion, etc. Since swapping the tuners left the problem in one place, try swapping the inputs on the splitter if the trouble swaps, it may be a bad port on the splitter, of trouble stays put, it is the cable or connections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)