Status
Please reply by conversation.

Indy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
May 13, 2004
Indiana
My Powermax SG9120B H-H motor has finally given me enough trouble to have to be replaced. This is my second or third economy grade unit and have decided to get some input from the guys here on SatGuys. What motor would you recommend that will not break the bank but last longer than a couple of years? This is being used on a 1 meter KU offset. Thanks in advance, Dennis in Indy

I would pay and get a stab. HH90

I would get a Stab. They are made in Italy by the company that developed USALS technology. Great build quality and rarely hear of a problem with them compared to the SG's. Warranty is also 2 years vs 1 year for the SG's. :)

Get a STAB and you will be set!

Thanks guys. Wouldn't you know it, a guy just sold 3 Stab hh100's N.I.B. on ebay for $50 a pop with free shipping. I will keep looking, not interested in spending $200+ to have it this next week.

Thanks guys. Wouldn't you know it, a guy just sold 3 Stab hh100's N.I.B. on ebay for $50 a pop with free shipping. I will keep looking, not interested in spending $200+ to have it this next week.
WOW that was a deal!

Indy,

The Stab 90 HH is really a great HH motor, much smaller than average, comes with a detailed instruction manual in several different languages, and even includes a wrench. Made in Italy by the company who was the major player in the development of USALS. I was really impressed by the manual, much more voluminous than other imports.

Sponge

Hey Sponge, Thanks for the info. I am watching for a 90 or 100hh at a good price point. In the meantime, I was able to disassemble the SG motor and fix the problems with wiring and binding gear train. Working for now, but hard to say for how long.

There's a Canadian dealer on ebay that has HH90's for $75.00C shipped. At the current exchange rate that's about $60 US.

I ordered one. Should be here in the next week or so.

Installation question: The specs say the HH90 has a range of 72 degrees. If I want to get 61.5 to 130, do I have to do my initial pointing exactly in the middle of that arc? Or if I peak on a satellite near true south (which is 105 for me), will the motor be at the right range?

Thanks.

There's a Canadian dealer on ebay that has HH90's for $75.00C shipped. At the current exchange rate that's about $60 US.

I ordered one. Should be here in the next week or so.

Installation question: The specs say the HH90 has a range of 72 degrees. If I want to get 61.5 to 130, do I have to do my initial pointing exactly in the middle of that arc? Or if I peak on a satellite near true south (which is 105 for me), will the motor be at the right range?

Thanks.
You need to center your dish/motor and point it due south. After doing that, make sure your latitude and longitude are correctly entered for USALS in your receiver. With a southern most satellite of 105W and a limit of 72 degrees you could travel to 33W (105-72=33) on one side of the arc and 177W (105+72=177) on the other side of the arc so you would have no problem getting 61.5W to 130W. :)

Excellent. Thanks. I was thinking 72 degrees was the full range, not the range one direction. As you said, it should be no problem if I center on 105.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts