Need the Following information From Voom Subs

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Voom is still tweaking the PQ. If you are kind enough to post the following:

1- Which connection are you using for your HDTV -- Component or DVI.

2- What is the Native Resolution of your Display.

I will start with mine. Two HDTVs both on DVI connection. Sony GWII LCD is 768p Native Resolution and Samsung DLP is 720p.

If you do not know the native resolution of your display look it up in your manual or online.

Thanks.

Currently using component on mine because of black bars that appear on DVI on SD channels only. I may switch back to using DVI. Mine is a Samsung DLP 720P native.

Mine has both DVI and component inputs.

It is a VIZIO PDP with a native resolution of 1024x768p, but can take all HD format.

I found the PQ tonight on TNT and on Starz is poor, lot of pixelation and false contouring.

Sean Mota said:
Voom is still tweaking the PQ. If you are kind enough to post the following:

1- Which connection are you using for your HDTV -- Component or DVI.

2- What is the Native Resolution of your Display.

I will start with mine. Two HDTVs both on DVI connection. Sony GWII LCD is 768p Native Resolution and Samsung DLP is 720p.

If you do not know the native resolution of your display look it up in your manual or online.

Thanks.

You know I am not a Voomer, but my step-father is.
Anyways, should you not say what resolution your running the STB at, for example, I believe Darrel P runs his STB at 1080i, but his projector is 720P native, and my step-father has my old Sony VW10-HT projector which is also 720P native, but he also runs it at 1080i out of the STB.

i have a samsung hcl5515w useing component cables native is 1080i.
PQ looks like crap,lots of pixles on all sd/hd channels.

1. DVI
2. 1080i (Sony HiScan CRT)

I leave the Voom box on "Native" mode as I like to let the TV do a "WIDE ZOOM" on the SD 4:3 material. Im a "Screen filler" even though burn in isn't a big concern, it bugs me to think I may be burning in the 4:3 window.

dash2004 said:
Mine has both DVI and component inputs.

It is a VIZIO PDP with a native resolution of 1024x768p, but can take all HD format.

I found the PQ tonight on TNT and on Starz is poor, lot of pixelation and false contouring.

which one are you using DVI or component?

bruce said:
You know I am not a Voomer, but my step-father is.
Anyways, should you not say what resolution your running the STB at, for example, I believe Darrel P runs his STB at 1080i, but his projector is 720P native, and my step-father has my old Sony VW10-HT projector which is also 720P native, but he also runs it at 1080i out of the STB.

what connection he uses? DVI or component?

Panasonic 4UY ED PDP, native resolution is 852 x 480 but can accept 1080i & 720p

Component connection for HD channels

S-Video for SD channels

STB in "native" mode.

Sean Mota said:
which one are you using DVI or component?

I use both. The Voom STB is set in native mode. So I have to use component input to watch SD. On the HD side, as I reported earlier, DVI input gives shaper image, but color is kind of washed out and picture seems hazy (black is not black enough). On the other hand, component input produces better black and more vibrant color. So it all depends on my mood. I use the two inputs interchangeably.

DVI

One comment... When I turn my set on it does not initally recognize the DVI signal. To get it to work I have to recycle the power again; I worry as I am stressing the set with the addition of more off-ons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)