Need to access recorded programs on DirectTV Model R-16-300 Rcvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Y-888

Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
United States
I changed from Direct Tv to Dish yesterday and before the tech left I asked if there was a way to access programs that had been recorded to the Direct rcvr DVR before the change over and watch them before returning the rcvr back to Direct TV. He indicated "no problem" and said "just plug it in and hook it up to your flat screen on the side with your RCA cables from the out video on the back of the rcvr to the in connection on the TV. Approx 8 hours passed from the time the changeover was made till I plugged in the rcvr again and tried to operated it and access the programs recorded on the DVR.

A message came on screen saying "rcving sattelite info, O% complete", but the horizontal bar will not move indicating any info being received. I am NOT a tech but this would seem normal (no info being rcvd) as the rcvr is not connected to a Direct TV dish anymore, so there is no way to download info from the satellite.

Now to the question:

Did the tech know what he was talking about, and is there any way to access the programming already recorded on the DVR in the rcvr, or is there no way to recover and watch it now that the rcvr is not hooked to a Direct TV dish anymore? In other words can I bypass whatever is stopping me from viewing the list of recorded programs and select them for viewing. I am on the right input on the TV for this rcvr, as I do get that info from it on the TV screen.

Thanks for any help.

ADD: Just thought of another question. If not possible to view from the DTV rcvr, can I transfer to the DVR in the Dish rcvr now in use and watch from that.

While on the searching for satellite screen, press exit on the remote, then menu and go to your my playlist.

Try this. This should work fine for you until you return the receiver.

Just thought of another question. If not possible to view from the DTV rcvr, can I transfer to the DVR in the Dish rcvr now in use and watch from that.

No this won't work. The other method should work for you.

Thank you very much for your help. When I first tried your solution, nothing would work. After trying it several times, I then decided to look at my remote very carefully and found, that for whatever reason, the tech that installed the Dish system had changed the main control on my Direct remote to the TV position and off the receiver position and of course I was not having any luck until I discovered the problem. It is working now and I can access the recorded programming so I will be happy with my Military Channel recordings and my wife will also be pleased so she can see that stupid guy on NCIS. You know the one that sets 50 and 60 year old womens hearts afire.

Again, thanks much. It is appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts