Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
Can someone validate my thought process here

Current setup

1000.2 Dish with a 500 wing dish.
Line going from my 722k goes to a splitter one half goes to the satellite and the other goes to my 2nd TV (no box)
That's how my current dual tuner system is setup.

I just recieved a 211 that I need to add to the mix

Simply plugging it in to the cable for TV 2 obviously doesnt work

So... I have 2 ideas

1. Flip the splitter so that the line from the satellite is split into the line going to the 722k and 211

2. pull the line that runs from TV2 and connect it directly to the Satelite (assuming I can do this? There's an extra outlet that I think is the service outlet?)

Thanks for the help!

(should this get posted in the tech forum?)

That splitter is actually a diplexor. They're used as a one coax solution for a reciever that uses 2 coax lines. You'll have to have a line ran from dish to your 211 box....won't work off the diplexor unless you disconnect the dual tuner from it.

That splitter is actually a diplexor. They're used as a one coax solution for a reciever that uses 2 coax lines. You'll have to have a line ran from dish to your 211 box....won't work off the diplexor unless you disconnect the dual tuner from it.

And that extra line on the LNB is where I plug it into and it will pick up the same signals as the 722k?

Thanks for the quick response

And that extra line on the LNB is where I plug it into and it will pick up the same signals as the 722k?

Thanks for the quick response

Just be sure to plug it into one of the three on the left side,(looking at it from the back). The port that is kinda by itself on the right side is an LNB "in" port only.

Thanks all!! I'm all set... minus the fact that they forgot to send me the Smart Card (Doh!)

I guess if I'm paying another 7 a for a 2nd reciever I'm going to connect my line in the kitchen as the 2nd tuner for my box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts