Need Your Help Please

Status
Please reply by conversation.

itherrkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Nampa, ID
I am the poor soul that fried his SWM LNB last week while camping.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/swm-tuner-troubles.339271/

I am out on Solid Signals website attempting to purchase a new one, http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=SL3-SWM&ss=213839, and it says I need the 29 volt power inserter. Everything I read up until today is that you must use the 21 volt (which I have) if you do not have a switch. I am directly connected to to the LNB from the receiver in this use case. Can someone clarify for me please?

Thank You
Kent

Single line in from the LNB and a power invertor, only 1 recvr ?
If so, the 21v will do fine ....
Genie or no Genie .... I think when you get the Genie they want you to up to the 29v .

Last edited:
Reactions: itherrkr
Single line in from the LNB and a power invertor, only 1 recvr ?
If so, the 21v will do fine ....
Genie or no Genie .... I think when ou get the Genie they want you to up to the 29v .

Receivers don't matter, it's the cable length. Anything over 150 foot from dish to splitter is considered a no but we just use a 29 volt instead. If it's a SWM LNB then a 21 volt is considered the correct power inserter.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You'd only want the 29V power inserter if you were running an obscenely long cable from your splitter to your dish or if you're using a SWM Module. Neither should be the case for you.

Receivers don't matter, it's the cable length. Anything over 150 foot from dish to splitter is considered a no but we just use a 29 volt instead. If it's a SWM LNB then a 21 volt is considered the correct power inserter.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Thanks for clearing that up :)

I should have known that, but was at work at the time and not concentrating entirely.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)