Needing some help with indoor/outdoor antenna

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
Ok. I'm using a Clearstream 1 antenna for UHF indoors. I'll try and post my TVFOOL report. Which antenna can I get to use to improve my reception as I can't get WFLI except at 10% at night and WDSI at 20-25 % day or night since the leaves hit. Can't put it outside. Also wanting to keep WTCI. I can get WRCB, WTVC, and WDEF at signals between 30-50 % from amplified rabbit ears (separate antenna with an A/B switch for the Clearstream 1) I wanting to use it in my utility room whatever antenna I get. Keep in mind clearance for utility room which is large enough for cabinets and washer and dryer, so there is some room to maneuver. I am using a RCA amplifier for the UHF signals. Taking it off makes signal worse. Do I need a pre amp, too? http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id=f1f0fe6e1a6d80Thanks.

Pre amps work well with a amplified antenna in my house but you can buy / build a stealth type for you attic that does a wonderful job. I found one at a barn sale a few years ago. sorry its so old there is no stickers on it to get a name or any information from all the heat over the years being left in the attic.

Looking at your TVFool report, the only station I would guarantee that you'd get with an indoor antenna is WELF. All of the rest are really too weak for reliable reception with an indoor antenna. You said you can't put an antenna outside, so I hope you've got an attic where you can mount a medium sized UHF antenna pointed NorthNorthWest. That's the only way you're going to get decent reception.

Larry

Looking at your TVFool report, the only station I would guarantee that you'd get with an indoor antenna is WELF. All of the rest are really too weak for reliable reception with an indoor antenna. You said you can't put an antenna outside, so I hope you've got an attic where you can mount a medium sized UHF antenna pointed NorthNorthWest. That's the only way you're going to get decent reception.

Larry
Look for other posts by Andy Horton he added to his Feb post and has his question answered.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)