NEEDN UNIVERSAL REMOTE FOR TOSHOBA TRX 1800

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Parabolicman

Original poster
Jul 19, 2013
Ohio
Does anyone know of a brand of universal remote (regular infrared type) that works on the Toshiba TRX 1800 (old C band receiver)? In particular one that will work on the "enter" key. I have several remotes that partially work but none of them work on the "Enter" key

If you don't get an answer here, you might try posting at a site called remotecentral.com

open it up and clean the ENTER contacts. [May as well clean them all] There is a carbon button rejuvenater available that may be necessary if the carbon buttons have lost conductivity.
Don't want to use anything that's too aggressive on 'em. Towel dampened with some spray cleaner is all I usually use.

I tried to open my TRX-1800 UHF remote and it fell all apart. Literally. Hate ordering the one refurb just in case the darn radio is gone in the actual receiver.

I agree,. The "Enter" key situation is very frsustrating with EVERY IR remote I've tried with this receiver,.,.,.

URC made great universal remotes for C-band receiver users, some of the older ones had custom buttons for VC functions.
I have a couple of their higher end remotes and the programming software still has lots of old C-band receivers in it, even Birdviews. Harmony remotes might have codes but I don't have one to check.

Check the Harmony remote website for it-you can search the database of everything they cover. I believe you start out by finding the Support tab, then you can enter your device's name/model and it'll tell you whether they have it. They're cheapest remote seems to be around 50bucks, handles up to 8 devices, if I remember that correctly-I was studying them about 2 wks back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)