Negotiating a better deal with Dish

Ah yes, let's change the whole culture of our society, to one of fear and adversarialism.

Let's encourage large monopolistic corporations to dictate the conduct of our daily lives, and punish us when we don't do what they --our service providers-- say.

Yeah, great idea. Let's reverse thousands of years of human development and remove all cooperativeness and working for mutual benefit, to instead every man for himself, so that any business can strike down any one of us arbitrarily. We each have no meaning or value. We are just a generic commodity... cannon-fodder.

But you're on the right track. We could not have accomplished the economic miracle that is America without your willing capitulation to a system that lies to you and fscks you over at every turn. I would have liked to help you, which was all that I asked. It pains me to see you in wage slavery. It pains me to see you so ignorant and uneducated, and so eager to place yourselves in bondage to Charlie, McDonalds, AT&T, et al. You are diligently working toward being very much diminished, deeper in debt, and less able to improve your circumstances by your own powers, in advocating and defending the powerful multinationals. But because you wish to be flattered more than helped, you will be grateful for your _ss fscking from the corporate elite that is laughing behind your backs today.

I am convinced that one of you here is actually Charlie's kid. And that a couple more of you are weaklings who cling to the hull of the Big Ship and serve as its buffer so it's not scratched by the pier. (viz Slamminc11, Hemi 6.1) Well, suit yourselves.

But do stay in touch after the door slams shut. When you finally tire of living on the modern, corporate plantations of Cargill, Tyson, ConAgra and Smithfield; when you tire of shopping at Wal-Mart and sending your daughters to sling hash at Denny's in hopes that they'll meet the nicer sort of truck driver; when you tire of sneaking into Blue America as illegal white-trash wetbacks eager for casual work dusting our parlors; and when, like men, you finally rise up in rebellion against this immoral usury -- then, and only then, let us talk.

Why not? After reading this I'm already convinced America has abandoned Darwinism...

Ah yes, let's change the whole culture of our society, to one of fear and adversarialism.

Let's encourage large monopolistic corporations to dictate the conduct of our daily lives, and punish us when we don't do what they --our service providers-- say.

Yeah, great idea. Let's reverse thousands of years of human development and remove all cooperativeness and working for mutual benefit, to instead every man for himself, so that any business can strike down any one of us arbitrarily. We each have no meaning or value. We are just a generic commodity... cannon-fodder.

But you're on the right track. We could not have accomplished the economic miracle that is America without your willing capitulation to a system that lies to you and fscks you over at every turn. I would have liked to help you, which was all that I asked. It pains me to see you in wage slavery. It pains me to see you so ignorant and uneducated, and so eager to place yourselves in bondage to Charlie, McDonalds, AT&T, et al. You are diligently working toward being very much diminished, deeper in debt, and less able to improve your circumstances by your own powers, in advocating and defending the powerful multinationals. But because you wish to be flattered more than helped, you will be grateful for your _ss fscking from the corporate elite that is laughing behind your backs today.

I am convinced that one of you here is actually Charlie's kid. And that a couple more of you are weaklings who cling to the hull of the Big Ship and serve as its buffer so it's not scratched by the pier. (viz Slamminc11, Hemi 6.1) Well, suit yourselves.

But do stay in touch after the door slams shut. When you finally tire of living on the modern, corporate plantations of Cargill, Tyson, ConAgra and Smithfield; when you tire of shopping at Wal-Mart and sending your daughters to sling hash at Denny's in hopes that they'll meet the nicer sort of truck driver; when you tire of sneaking into Blue America as illegal white-trash wetbacks eager for casual work dusting our parlors; and when, like men, you finally rise up in rebellion against this immoral usury -- then, and only then, let us talk.

Wha Wha What???

You might be able to get a better deal by simply calling and asking for it. As another poster stated, have the D* specials in front of you when you call. See if they can match it. If they cant or are unwilling to, and you are really unhappy, by all means leave. IF you do decide to do that, post in the D* forum for advice, I am sure many will be willing to help you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do:up

Way over your head, it appears. Although I suspect that there are ppl here who do have an idea what I'm talking about.

And actually, I do have Dish, capitular.
OH now you have E*. So guess your getting ripped off now? Remember 44 % profit. Guess you should practice what you preach, Or maybe just stop talking @#IT. Maybe thats way over your head;)

OH now you have E*. So guess your getting ripped off now? Remember 44 % profit. Guess you should practice what you preach, Or maybe just stop talking @#IT. Maybe thats way over your head;)
Egomaniacs in season. Good huntin', Hemi!!!!!:up

Maybe fewer words will help you.

... a couple more of you are weaklings who cling to the hull of the Big Ship and serve as its buffer so it's not scratched by the pier. (viz Slamminc11, Hemi 6.1, KAB)

Remember:
War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.

You might be able to get a better deal by simply calling and asking for it. As another poster stated, have the D* specials in front of you when you call. See if they can match it. If they cant or are unwilling to, and you are really unhappy, by all means leave. IF you do decide to do that, post in the D* forum for advice, I am sure many will be willing to help you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do:up

I intend to call DISH up after I get my price increase next month. My sister also has Direct TV , so she can get me an extra $50 for me and for her as a referral.

No stress , no mess. If they match Dish's offer, I am good for another year or so. . . if not, I move to Direct TV.

I think 2-3 years of hefty price increases for some (as much as $10 per year) is enough to make some people jump out of their seats say "hey, thats enough!" and look at their other options. The only things keeping me with Dish is that I like their advanced recievers better, I am used to having the service having it for so many years and they have been offering more promotions lately than they used to for me. If it were not for the advanced DVR's I would have done left.

I'm not saying I disagree with you, however I find it slightly amusing that an apparent lefty like yourself is bemoaning the demise of economic Darwinism and Laiezze Faire capitalism.

I have no concerns over economic Darwinism. His statements were a demonstration of evolutionary Darwinism, or it's lack there of.

And the great thing about being an apparent lefty is that doesn't mean I'm one, so I can always switch to the right too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)