NESN HD Picture

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Janney66

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 13, 2004
Merrimack, NH
OK, so I know I'm not the only one having problems with the choppiness of NESN HD (and Boston HD locals) on D*. Has anyone called D* to report this problem? I've called a couple times, but they told me it won't become a known issue until they get enough calls. Please call in, if you haven't already!!! If people have called in, I'd like to hear what they told you. Thanks.

I called an complained. The guy said hmmm what resolution do you have your TV on I told him 1080i. He said ahhh thats it ..1080i has ghosting issues with sporting events. So I said well how come the very same plays I watch on NESN HD are choppy and then when I see them on ESPN HD I dont have a problem?

He then directed me to the D* answer for all problems...he said "sir could you please reset your receiver?" miffed I said sure. But the problem isnt with just my TV. I told him listen Im not gonna bark at you if you say D* is having issues. Just come out and say hey pal youre not the only one and we are working on it. He then said ok lemme check to see if there are more calls on this. He left me on hold so long my cell phone just died! So thats where I ended up.

Great, well that's reassuring. ... I'm wondering if anyone isn't having issues with NESN HD. I have an H20-100. Maybe people with the H20-600 aren't having issues? I'm inclined to think this is a D* issue though. It's so frustrating to call them, because they always assume we are doing something wrong. I would be somewhat "pleased" if they just said "we are aware of the problem and we're working on it".

Nah. I got H20-600 and there is a frame rate issue. The Boston locals are even worse with broken images and green blocking. I will send in email and call to report issue. Its pretty bad.

boston area dtv said:
I called an complained. The guy said hmmm what resolution do you have your TV on I told him 1080i. He said ahhh thats it ..1080i has ghosting issues with sporting events. .
Did you tell him that you do not have ghosting issues with a digital picture ???

Jimbo

Yes..I was irked with his oh the 1080i has ghosting issues response so I said..The very same HD highlight on ESPN HD was fine...baseball in ESPN HD is fine..football on the major networks is fine...only when I watch the game on nesn does it look like Im watching some old 35mm movie.

I said pal Im not here to yell at anyone. (I was giving him an out) I said I just want you people aware that there is an issue. I told him I understood that the technology is new and understood that there would be bugs and I was just reporting that there were bugs so they could fix them. Thats when he gave me the slip...said he had to go check if there were other reports and then the cell phone went dead...ugh.

I don't know which number you guys are calling, but here's the HD Support Center #: 1-800-263-0028.

The issue hasn't affected me yet as I'm still MPEG-2 and when I called to see if I would be eligible for the Mets in HD through the SNY feed, I was told I wouldn't. :( But, I'd encourage you guys not to give up and press them on this issue.

bidger` said:
I don't know which number you guys are calling, but here's the HD Support Center #: 1-800-263-0028.

The issue hasn't affected me yet as I'm still MPEG-2 and when I called to see if I would be eligible for the Mets in HD through the SNY feed, I was told I wouldn't. :( But, I'd encourage you guys not to give up and press them on this issue.
This is a new number for me, I have never seen this one, how reciently have you used it ?
The one I have may be a 2nd number or maybe turned off now, they will commonly change numbers if too many people get a hold of it.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
This is a new number for me, I have never seen this one, how reciently have you used it ?
Last week. I called to ask about the 8 regular season games the NFL Network would be airing and if D* would be clearing a slot in the HD channel range for those games. The rep had no idea, but if you're calling about an HD PQ issue, I'd have to assume that would be the Dept. to call, rather than the regular line.

bidger` said:
Last week. I called to ask about the 8 regular season games the NFL Network would be airing and if D* would be clearing a slot in the HD channel range for those games. The rep had no idea, but if you're calling about an HD PQ issue, I'd have to assume that would be the Dept. to call, rather than the regular line.
Thanks,
Now I have 2 numbers to try seeing the other one is still working as well.

Jimbo

YES HD MPEG4 has the same choppiness problems. This is with a H20-600. I've noticed this with every single MPEG4 game broadcast thus far. MPEG4 locals look fine though.

PoitNarf said:
YES HD MPEG4 has the same choppiness problems. This is with a H20-600. I've noticed this with every single MPEG4 game broadcast thus far. MPEG4 locals look fine though.

Same with SNY-HD (97). D* has not got a handle on mpeg4 yet, the frame rates look low.

FWIW, I called last night and reported this problem (as well as the Boston HD locals). As usual, both reps said there have been no reports of this problem, but it will be escilated.

I called as well. They insisted it was my DISH! I was nuts about it so I said tell ya what you send the tech out if its my fault I will pay but if the dish is fine you cover it.

The tech called me before he arrived and said listen the problem is in space it has nothing to do with your dish. I said you come to my house and put that in writing (which he did)

He said they get 200 calls a day and the problem is with the satellites not talking to each other.

I didnt have a chance to call D* and gripe again which I will in two mins ..anyway I switch on the game and there is no NESN HD its gone I have a flying Directv symbol floating across my screen. I cant wait for this conversation!

LOL so I speak to a supervisor and he says well sir you are supposed to have satellite 99 lit up and its not so its either a bad receiver or bad lnb.

I said listen, level with me your having issues with the satellites, and he says this is the first time he has heard of this. I said I have in writing from a tech that everything is fine with my dish and receiver from YESTERDAY. He said they will send one out free of charge obviously that tech was mistaken.

I said pal why do I get the flying Directv signal on my screen if I dont get a signal. He says its a default screen saver that pops up when the receiver does not receive a signal.

What frustrates me the most is that every time I call I SEEM TO BE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE US who has a local HD picture problem.

Lemme know am I the only one out there with this issue..ok well me and janzy.

Do you people call or just live with it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts