NESN HD Possibly on its way?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dknow

SatelliteGuys Family
Apr 21, 2005
Clearwater, FL
check channel 96.. It is up and they are testing it right now. The channel info in the guide is calling it FSN HD here in FL so I'm assuming you will have NESN HD in NE.

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
No dice..But I do notice a lot of channels called RSNa. Alternative RSN stations with no info in the guide. Ive been searching but no luck so far.

Hey look I guess I drank the cool aid with Charper. DTV didnt promise anything until the new sats go up next year.

Im just caught up in the hype. I did call D* and a CSR yesterday told me that she saw a memo in the morning stating NESN and all FSN RSNs in HD would be lit up by August. I take it with a grain of salt but was still hoping.

Having a huge fourth of July bash and wanted to show of the HD TV with the SOX on.

Oh well I will keep you guys posted if I spot anything and hope you guys do the same.

Questioner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 27, 2006
According to someone with the info at dbstalk, it's supposed to be on channel 623, possibly using a system to either select hd or sd depending on your receiever, as directv has done with a few channels. But no luck with my h20, I've tried resetting it.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
boston area dtv said:
No dice..But I do notice a lot of channels called RSNa. Alternative RSN stations with no info in the guide. Ive been searching but no luck so far.

Hey look I guess I drank the cool aid with Charper. DTV didnt promise anything until the new sats go up next year.

Im just caught up in the hype. I did call D* and a CSR yesterday told me that she saw a memo in the morning stating NESN and all FSN RSNs in HD would be lit up by August. I take it with a grain of salt but was still hoping.

Having a huge fourth of July bash and wanted to show of the HD TV with the SOX on.

Oh well I will keep you guys posted if I spot anything and hope you guys do the same.

What cool aid was I drinking?

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
Its a saying. Its a reference to everyone believing in the same thing. It started when the wacky cultists convinced everyone to drink the cool aid..(of course it was laced with cyanide and they all died)

Bill Bellicheck talks about getting the guys to drink the same cool aid meaning getting them all on the same page.

From the very beginning youve steadfastly stated that D* has made no promises to anyone about adding channels until AFTER the two sats were launched next year.

I agree with you. Hence Im drinking the same cool aid. Meaning I believe the same about D*.

There are lots of rants about how D* is sticking it to its subs and people complaining about D*. But D* has said all along we will ad new HD content when sats go up. So for anyone to complain about not getting new HD content (myself included) that would be unfair.

D* has told everyone since day 1 what their game plan was. Its up to the consumer to make a decision as to whether they want to stick it out.

If Im wrong in your D* assertions let me know because I always felt thats what you believed.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Ah, I get it, no I was just wondering if I had had accidentally had some of the "NESN" cool aid and forgotten. LOL! I do concede that IF RSNs were added it would fall more in-line with their current HD LIL rollout plan.

Last edited:

boston area dtv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 18, 2005
Boston
While searching for NESN HD I did the following. I have the H20 to start with (not sure if makes a difference)

So I click on guide then I select the HD channels search option and the following channels were included along with the usual channels in HD I expect to get:

625 SNY
657 STO

Does anyone have any idea what these stations are?

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
boston area dtv said:
While searching for NESN HD I did the following. I have the H20 to start with (not sure if makes a difference)

So I click on guide then I select the HD channels search option and the following channels were included along with the usual channels in HD I expect to get:

625 SNY
657 STO

Does anyone have any idea what these stations are?

625 is the new Mets channel, 657 is Sports Time Ohio. My guide also shows 653, Fox Sports Prime Ticket and 656, Comcast Sports West.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)