NESN missing from my lineup

schneider21

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 4, 2006
Central PA
Forgive me if I’ve missed an announcement somewhere along the way....

I’m an AT120+ subscriber with the Multi-Sport add-on. I noticed in the fall I didn’t have NESN , despite having all the other RSN’s.

Now, spring training for the Sox just started :) but I still don’t have 434 (NESN), SD or HD....

Is there some kind of contract/carriage issue between Dish and NESN or should they be there (in which case, I need to contact DIRT).

Thanks guys!

NESN is alive and well on DISH. You see all the others so I guess it isn't because you have a Hopper...

I wondered if there was a change on the multi-sport pack. When Dish added the Olympic Channel, I remember looking at the multi-sport pack listings and saw that NESN and MASN were both removed: Multi-Sport Pack | Sports Channels | MyDISH | DISH Customer Support I figured it was a website mistake, but maybe there is more to it? I don't have multi-sport pack at the moment, but last time I did, I was able to get both NESN and MASN.

"Q: How do I get NESN National? A: NESN National is currently available through DirecTV, Dish Network, Bright House Networks and Time Warner Cable in select service areas. We continue to work with many other cable and telephone providers in hopes that they will pick up NESN National in other areas of the country."

Read more at: Frequently Asked Questions

NESN is alive and well on DISH. You see all the others so I guess it isn't because you have a Hopper...

I do have the Hopper 3
About a year ago, I did have NESN on 412-24, right next to MASN. I do currently have MASN at 412-22 & 23 but the guide then skips to 412-26.

So I thought maybe NESN moved somewhere else (434, perhaps - since the websites channel guide states that channel), but I’ve had no luck finding it.

I do have the Hopper 3
About a year ago, I did have NESN on 412-24, right next to MASN. I do currently have MASN at 412-22 & 23 but the guide then skips to 412-26.

So I thought maybe NESN moved somewhere else (434, perhaps - since the websites channel guide states that channel), but I’ve had no luck finding it.

Call DISH and ask for a refresh of your account. On the Hopper NESN should be where you are looking.

I’m an AT120+ subscriber with the Multi-Sport add-on. I noticed in the fall I didn’t have NESN , despite having all the other RSN’s.

Now, spring training for the Sox just started :) but I still don’t have 434 (NESN), SD or HD....

Is there some kind of contract/carriage issue between Dish and NESN or should they be there (in which case, I need to contact DIRT).

Thanks guys!

Find it yet?

No - DIRT has tried all their tricks and it’s still not there.
That's crazy.... DIRT knows (should know) more than I do about how to get it back but there has to be a way.

Again I don't have a hopper, but on the VIP you can lock out a channel so it does not show up in any guide, is there any chance somehow that happened? And be sure you are on the guide that shows every channel to see if you have it.
Did they (or you) have a refresh of your account done?

Here are some other suggestions;
Make sure what arc and satellites you receive is the same as they show you have.
Have the sports pack removed. Restart the Hopper. Then have them add it again.
Go to the transponder for NESN and see if you get a good signal. Even without one it should be in your guide but if no signal that could help find the problem.
Eastern Arc 72.7 Transponder 27 SD is Transponder 5
Western Arc 110 Transponder 14 119 Transponder 16 (SD)

Thanks, Tampa - I did most of that on my own and DIRT guided me through the rest.
She's moved it over to the engineering team.
It is weird - I've been a Dish customer for 2 decades and I've seen a lot of bugs. But as far as I can tell, it's just this one channel that is gone (even when clicking on "All Channels" and making sure none are hidden - including adult channels. I had no idea Dish had that many adult channels - ha!)

Reactions: Tampa8
I had a online chat and I was told my hopper is bad and will be shipped a replacement.I told him I had my doubts because NESN isn't listed on their website.I then called Dish and was told NESN is no longer available.I don't know if I should try swapping out the hopper or Call and tell them to keep the replacement hopper.

I had a online chat and I was told my hopper is bad and will be shipped a replacement.I told him I had my doubts because NESN isn't listed on their website.I then called Dish and was told NESN is no longer available.I don't know if I should try swapping out the hopper or Call and tell them to keep the replacement hopper.

I suppose it is possible NESN is no longer in the Sports Pack though it is still an RSN on DISH.
It doesn't sound right for that to be the case but not impossible. The NESN site still lists DISH as being a carrier for it's National audience. The DISH site does not but I am not certain it lists all the RSN's on the page describing what's in the Sports Pack.

I suppose it is possible NESN is no longer in the Sports Pack though it is still an RSN on DISH.
It doesn't sound right for that to be the case but not impossible. The NESN site still lists DISH as being a carrier for it's National audience. The DISH site does not but I am not certain it lists all the RSN's on the page describing what's in the Sports Pack.

Sounds like the contract renewal might be coming up soon. ;)

I see NESN on channel 412-24 (Hopper 3). I have multisport and on the west coast so it is not my local RSN... It still exists.

Reactions: Tampa8
I find it hard to believe your Hopper is bad because of a missing channel

Reactions: Stormy_2021
I know that Multi-sports doesn't have some RSNs, at least didn't when I had it. Such as Turner South, or whatever is now, and the RSN out of New Orleans. They were on spotbeams. Could it be similar to that with NESN and MASN? I'm in New England and have been watching the Bruins all season, so I can't speak for Multi-sports. NESN is my local RSN. Also, it could have something to do with the RSNs going HD 24/7. NESN recently went full time HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)