Netflix app available for Android!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
HTC Incredible, Nexus One, Evo 4G, and G2, plus the Samsung Nexus S.

Ok, if it is available for those, why not the rest of the galaxy line? Or the Motos?

So we have four HTC devices with older Snapdragon processors and two with Samsung Hummingbird processors, the two Nexus pure Google phones. HTC Sense is not a commonality across the four HTC devices, carrier support is not a commonality, and the operating system is not a commonality, so what can there be about this odd mix of six devices that makes only them supportable? Are these the only Android smartphones they have in house to test or something?

Netflix comes to random group of Android smartphones | ZDNet

The stories I read about changing build.prop show you have to change more than just the manufacturer field. You need to specify a supported phone model too. Even then, it doesn't mean it will work well. I've read from users with HTC ERIS (phone I have) that the app works, i.e. it launches, but they don't get video or don't get audio, etc, etc. Suggests that CPU power is another factor in it working well vs just launching.

...one full move willbe 900-1gb of data.
I doubt that. I think a standard movie in streaming format for a computer or home-device might be around that size, but not for mobile devices. They will stream a different version to phones, iPods, etc, etc.

I doubt that. I think a standard movie in streaming format for a computer or home-device might be around that size, but not for mobile devices. They will stream a different version to phones, iPods, etc, etc.
True, but the videos do suck up quite a bit of bandwidth. I've streamed a few shows already and my usage is around 1.3 GB so far, and my cycle started about 10 days ago. I think at least 80% of that can be attributed to my Netflix. Luckily I still have my grandfathered unlimited data plan.

The 2 movies i watched was . See no evil hear no evil and Repo they ate up 2gb of my data normal usage for me is about 5-8g in a month hears a snap of my bills sofar im 16days into this cycle & i dont teather my phone. data2.jpgdata.jpg
pencil.png

mabe another member could give it a go and see what they get. I have 4G service so i think netflix will give the best quality on each conections just like home usage. Video looked crisp and clear after agout 30secons of play on my 4.3" screen.

I could give it a try. My phone isn't officially supported though and from what I've read, people can get the app to launch, but movies won't play (well), i.e. only audio, no audio (or vis-versa).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)