Netflix comes to the Hopper with Sling

Will I be able to record a Netflix show to my DVR and transfer it to my iPad to watch offline? That is something to get excited about.

I would use the Netflix app on the HWS if it preserved the PiP buffers but since it doesn't, Netflix on the Roku is better.

When watching tv on the hopper I frequently hit the cancel button to see the time and also see how much time is left on a recorded program I'm watching. I wish they would add that feature while using the Netflix app. I hit that button a few times out of habit while watching Netflix and of course it cancels out of the program I'm watching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just put your old vcr, (does anyone still have one?),on top of your tv and you will see the time anytime you want. Of course it will only flash 12:00 all day long................:music

Reactions: navychop
I don't get why Dish and Direct dont put the clock and channel number on the front of the receiver like cable company boxes do. Maybe it saves them a few bucks?

I have a mantle clock in my living room ,so I just look up and to the left and there's the time. I used to wear a wrist watch and have since junior high , but this last year it broke and I just didn't replace it. My cell phone has the time so I use that now for my watch. I carry it everywhere now ,so it works the same.

The Pandora app is on the Joey. Some have an issue with the pandora app resetting the Joey after playing about 45 minutes but is does work nicely. Netflix is supposed to be coming to the Joeys at some point.
I hadn't noticed Pandora was on the Joey. I tried to connect to Pandora but got a message saying I needed a Hopper Internet connector, or broadband connection. Do I need to configure the Hopper or Joey differently for it to work?

I hadn't noticed Pandora was on the Joey. I tried to connect to Pandora but got a message saying I needed a Hopper Internet connector, or broadband connection. Do I need to configure the Hopper or Joey differently for it to work?

Sounds like you need to enable bridging on the Hopper so that the Joeys can stream. I was always nervous about the amount of network traffic and slow Joey performance so I have left bridging off . . . but I have no evidence that bridging actually slows things down.

Sounds like you need to enable bridging on the Hopper so that the Joeys can stream. I was always nervous about the amount of network traffic and slow Joey performance so I have left bridging off . . . but I have no evidence that bridging actually slows things down.
I have no trouble with watching on demand on the Joey. So I assumed it was bridged.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)