Netflix comes to the Hopper with Sling

I have a better idea, how bout fixing the pixilation problem dish has. When I first signed up for HD when it came out tv picture was great now it's just so so. IMOP dish has done something to cheapen the quality of tv picture. Tech came out checked signal said it was ok but agreed the picture wasn't that good. Go figure.

I have a better idea, how bout fixing the pixilation problem dish has. When I first signed up for HD when it came out tv picture was great now it's just so so. IMOP dish has done something to cheapen the quality of tv picture. Tech came out checked signal said it was ok but agreed the picture wasn't that good. Go figure.
I have NO pixilation problem, per common definition, FWIW.

He has something wrong if hes having Pixelation problems. The dish is probably just off by a hair, good enough to get a good reading but no good if the wind blows. :D (It could also be a cable problem as well.)

Oh yes I do. Tech came in hooked his meter up to my cables coming in to unit and said a signal of 43 was good. He never went outside to check dish. He said 43 signal was good for sat I was on, other sat needed a higher signal than 70. In my opinion tech was a dumb_ss. All I wanted him to do was reposition the dish but he wouldn't.

Current discussion getting off thread topic. Better to join or start a thread in Hopper Zone.

+1
I am loving the Netflix interface on the Hopper (much better than I have through my DVD player). If they were to add Amazon Prime I would be VERY happy.

I just noticed this today. I tried it and signed on. It worked and showed me the standard My Lists, Recommendation, etc al. But when I went to watch 'anything' it would go into buffering mode, spin and stop at 25%. Different shows, different exits and reenters of the application. It just goes to 25% and spins forever!

I may just stay with my NetFlix viewing on Apple TV as it just works.

This really I no big deal, you can get Netflix from just about any device now, I must have 12 or more devices in my home that can do Netflix, 1/2 of them better than Hopper's performance. I had a free sub, tried them all, Roku did it the best, event better than the FireTV. Sony BDP and my Panasonic plasma was the worst, Hopper somewhere in between.

It does not matter to me anyways, Netflix sucks, the stuff I want is never available to stream, I could buy a used DVD on Amazon for next to nothing.

It's been almost two months - the silence on this seems odd. I wonder if DISH has quietly discovered that the existing Joey hardware just ain't gonna cut it? Anyone heard anything on Joey support? Very interested in this upgrade (if it ever happens).

It's been almost two months - the silence on this seems odd. I wonder if DISH has quietly discovered that the existing Joey hardware just ain't gonna cut it? Anyone heard anything on Joey support? Very interested in this upgrade (if it ever happens).
Two months would be whirlwind implementation for Dish. Probably at least another two.

Reactions: ChadT41
I agree with KAB. Making sure it will work AND will work the way Netflix wants it to, are atleast 2 challenges Dish is faced with. What about homes that have H2K and HWS? Will it work if the Joey is linked to the H2K. Patience on this one seems appropriate. I think it will be "sooner" rather than later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts