Netflix Hopper 3 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
You have to do a soft reboot on the Hopper after switching between internet connections... I had the red X's also.
OK will do, thanks. I might try wireless connection too from my H3 to the router. Maybe things work better in wireless mode. I will test everything tomorrow. I sure am glad I had a sharp Netflix chat rep today and you to help troubleshoot this issue. We need to get to the bottom of this issue.

To check the internet speed on your Hopper3:
1) Go to the diagnostics screen by hitting home key 3 times
2) Select Status
3) Select Send Status (7) on the right
4) Select Test Connections
It will show if your phone line is connected and it will show the Internet speed. My download speed is 113.2 Mbps which is decent.

2) Select Status
It will show if your phone line is connected and it will show the Internet speed. My download speed is 113.2 Mbps which is decent.

Thanks dweber. I could of sworn I seen that when the new CUI came along. But then yesterday I couldn't find the speed reading when I needed it the most. Good info, thanks again.

2) Select Status

dweber, can you do a Netflix speed test thru the Hopper built in Netflix app? Also, if your TV has the built in Netflix app can you do that test too? Want to see how they compare to your Hopper 113.2 Mbps down speed. Thanks

Here is Netflix speed test procedure if you need it. While in the Hopper Netflix app with the arrows on your Hopper remote do this sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. In the test screen, click on Check your network.

You have to do a soft reboot on the Hopper after switching between internet connections... I had the red X's also.

Well, this is crazy. Performed a H3, modem, and router pull the plug reboots. Hopper Netflix app is now showing the Ultra HD 4k selection list. Did a H3 speed check. Getting pretty consistent 250 Mbps down. Checked the speed thru the H3 Netflix built in app, 17 sometimes 18 Mbps. Checked the TV Netflix built in app and getting 90 Mbps. Go figure, what the hell is going on. Wonder how the Hopper Netflix Ultra HD 4K selection list is working now and yet the speed is 17 to 18 Mbps! Oh well, at least it is working correctly now.

Not to throw a wrench in the conversation, but it’s my experience If you have other ways of watching Netflix, watching it on the hopper should be your last choice. It just seems like it’s never worked perfectly like you want it

Not to throw a wrench in the conversation, but it’s my experience If you have other ways of watching Netflix, watching it on the hopper should be your last choice. It just seems like it’s never worked perfectly like you want it
Thanks, I hear ya.

Well, this is crazy. Performed a H3, modem, and router pull the plug reboots. Hopper Netflix app is now showing the Ultra HD 4k selection list. Did a H3 speed check. Getting pretty consistent 250 Mbps down. Checked the speed thru the H3 Netflix built in app, 17 sometimes 18 Mbps. Checked the TV Netflix built in app and getting 90 Mbps. Go figure, what the hell is going on. Wonder how the Hopper Netflix Ultra HD 4K selection list is working now and yet the speed is 17 to 18 Mbps! Oh well, at least it is working correctly now.

I've seen much the same thing. It's not been very consistent at all. I've had great luck for a few days at a time, then the next day Netflix will only show the HD versions and it's time for the H3 reboot which seems to fix the problem, at least for a few days.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've seen much the same thing. It's not been very consistent at all. I've had great luck for a few days at a time, then the next day Netflix will only show the HD versions and it's time for the H3 reboot which seems to fix the problem, at least for a few days.
Thanks jasonh1965. I wish Netflix would work correctly thru the Hopper app. Much easier for the wife to stick with the Hopper remote control instead of having to use the TV remote to work Netflix. :coco

One of my Hopper 3s is not connected to a 4K TV. Will the Netflix app detect that and not show the Ultra HD 4K programs selection list? I am not seeing it.

Here is Netflix speed test procedure if you need it. While in the Hopper Netflix app with the arrows on your Hopper remote do this sequence: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. In the test screen, click on Check your network.
Sounds like a drill sgt. giving orders: left , right , up , down ...:nana

Sounds like a drill sgt. giving orders: left , right , up , down ...:nana
LOL, sure does. Can you test your Hopper Netflix app speed MikeD-C05? I hope some more members will test and post what speeds they are getting. I don't know if it is just my Hopper or does everyone else have the same issue. I think the too slow speed at the Netflix app is what causes the Netflix Ultra HD 4k category list not to show up sometimes using the Hopper Netflix app. If any other fellow SatGuys members can test their Hopper Netflix app I would sure appreciate it.

Hopper speed: Diagnostics Menu > Status > Send Status > Test Connections.
Hopper Netflix app (open app first): Hopper remote arrow keys sequence is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left Right, Left Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. In the test screen select Check your network.
If your TV has Netflix app, check that speed too.

Here is my latest Mbps test results::
Router 352
Hopper 238
Hopper Netflix app 18
TV Netflix app 94
Blu-Ray player Netflix app 93

LOL, sure does. Can you test your Hopper Netflix app speed MikeD-C05? I hope some more members will test and post what speeds they are getting. I don't know if it is just my Hopper or does everyone else have the same issue. I think the too slow speed at the Netflix app is what causes the Netflix Ultra HD 4k category list not to show up sometimes using the Hopper Netflix app. If any other fellow SatGuys members can test their Hopper Netflix app I would sure appreciate it.

Hopper speed: Diagnostics Menu > Status > Send Status > Test Connections.
Hopper Netflix app (open app first): Hopper remote arrow keys sequence is Up, Up, Down, Down, Left Right, Left Right, Up, Up, Up, Up. In the test screen select Check your network.
If your TV has Netflix app, check that speed too.

Here is my latest Mbps test results::
Router 352
Hopper 238
Hopper Netflix app 18
TV Netflix app 94
Blu-Ray player Netflix app 93
When I get home tonight I’ll check it and post what I get.

I have Netflix on at least 6 devices.

1) My home router using 5 GHz WiFi - 117 Mbps download
2) Hopper3- 112.877 Mbps
3) Netflix On Hopper3- 15.02 Mbps
4) Netflix on 1080P Sony TV - 14.26 Mbps
5) Netflix on Roku 4 - 15.9 Mbps
6) Netflix on PS3 - 41.29 Mbps
7) Netflix on Fire TV stick - 49.78 Mbps
8) Netflix on 4K Sony Android TV - 68.70 Mbps

They all show up as connected to Netflix Server 1, 2, and 3. My Roku 4 and Fire TV use WiFi connections. All my other devices are wired through my Gigabit home.

I watch Netflix 4K movies on either my Roku 4 or the new Sony 4K TV. I also pay To have the 4K Netflix. I have not noticed any difference between the Roku 4 and the Sony Netflix. I have not tried the PlayStation 3 Netflix since it does not do 4K.
I also do not do Netflix on my Hopper3 since it does not support Dolby through the HDMI. I prefer Dolby over stereo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts