Netflix: House of Cards

Just got done watching Season 3 of House of Cards. I can say, unequivocally, that this season was pretty bad in comparison to the first two seasons. The story of the rise to power was much more interesting than the fight to wield the power or to keep it. The secondary story line was dragged out to the point of frustration, and some of the other bits meant to add tension were just disappointing. Without giving anything away, the ending of the last episode left no doubt that there would be a 4th season. Unlike the first two seasons which ended, season three just seemed to run out of time. It is still a brilliant series. But this season just disappointed me.

Reactions: StevenD
There has been NO official announcement either way. "Someone" was wrong/

If this was the last season, Netflix would have announced it prior to releasing Season 3 to drive up the interest in it.
So far am enjoying Season 3....others might call it a dud compared to S2 but you can't argue with the streaming numbers this is generating.

Just got done watching Season 3 of House of Cards. I can say, unequivocally, that this season was pretty bad in comparison to the first two seasons. The story of the rise to power was much more interesting than the fight to wield the power or to keep it. The secondary story line was dragged out to the point of frustration, and some of the other bits meant to add tension were just disappointing. Without giving anything away, the ending of the last episode left no doubt that there would be a 4th season. Unlike the first two seasons which ended, season three just seemed to run out of time. It is still a brilliant series. But this season just disappointed me.
I agree we loved the first two seasons but the third season is dragging on. We're about half way through season 3 and finding nothing to keep you on the edge of your seat like the first two seasons.

Well, that time of year again! 2 eps into S4, so far not bad, though not exactly riveting yet. Waiting for Joel Kinnaman to be featured. Have only seen back of his head so far.

Last edited:
I'll be watching this weekend. Season 3 might not have been as good as the first 2 seasons but it was still pretty solid TV.

We finished S4 today and enjoyed it a lot. MUCH better than S3 with some interesting twists. Nicely setting up the next (and I presume) final season.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I started to watch S4 but had stuff come up. Will try again this weekend.

Finished episode 5 (s. 4) and so far, very good. I usually wait until most of the regular network shows are done for the year before starting HoC, but a lot of shows are on hiatus this month and I couldn't resist, especially given the parallels to the current presidential race. I got totally hooked. And Daredevil s. 2 is later this week. I can't remember the last time I watched a movie on NF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)