Netflix on DVR?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
atp1313, I still don't fully understand why you can't get the Netflix to stream to your HR2X. Maybe a firewall issue? Have you been able to get it to steam yet? It's odd that Hulu works and Netflix doesn't.

Thanks both for the comments. My Playon trial had expired and due to the fact the few Netflix movies I tried with my HR21s' looked very soft on my HD sets, I will not use this service for now. BTW my setup is Uverse, the switch and the gateway almost identical to yours.

Thanks both for the comments. My Playon trial had expired and due to the fact the few Netflix movies I tried with my HR21s' looked very soft on my HD sets, I will not use this service for now. BTW my setup is Uverse, the switch and the gateway almost identical to yours.

Sorry it didin't work out for you. Perhaps down the road you will have better luck. Take care.

atp1313, I still don't fully understand why you can't get the Netflix to stream to your HR2X. Maybe a firewall issue? Have you been able to get it to steam yet? It's odd that Hulu works and Netflix doesn't.

New issue: each folder (Netflix/Hulu/YouTube/CNN/etc) is now saying that "there are no files in this folder". I am putting some stock in this HR20 needing to be rebooted - I have already rebooted the PC. Since there is a CE tonight, it will get a full boot then. I will report back any changes in connection tomorrow.

But as for the streaming of NetFlix not working, I had read some posts on other sites (including PlayOn's site) that Netflix's SilverLight player has some streaming issues outside of the Netflix environment. Don't know the tech specs, but it has been mentioned.

New issue: each folder (Netflix/Hulu/YouTube/CNN/etc) is now saying that "there are no files in this folder". I am putting some stock in this HR20 needing to be rebooted - I have already rebooted the PC. Since there is a CE tonight, it will get a full boot then. I will report back any changes in connection tomorrow.

But as for the streaming of NetFlix not working, I had read some posts on other sites (including PlayOn's site) that Netflix's SilverLight player has some streaming issues outside of the Netflix environment. Don't know the tech specs, but it has been mentioned.

Try a reboot of the HR2X that should fix the files from not showing up. As for the Netflix streaming issue, I was reading some posts as well on PlayOn's site and some users reported doing an uninstall of PlayOn then a reinstall of the latest version 2.59.3268.1433 fixed the issue. I don't if it will work for you but, it's worth a shot I guess.

I don't think I have the Silverlight player as I never "opted in". I just signed up for Netflix a week ago to try this all out and was very happy with both Netflix and PlayOn. Try these suggestions out and post back. They may just fix the problem. I know how it is to keep the wife happy. :D

After the CE download, everything (except the NetFlix issue) was resolved. All other services are visible to the extent that they should be. I will next try the PlayOn reinstall to see if that works.

As for the NetFlix Silverlight opt-in, I am regretting this choice (aside from PlayOn). The Silverlight player does not work in FF3.03 and causes a application crash whenever I try to access any watch now file. And as far as I have been able to find, once you opt-in for Silverlight, you can't opt-out. What a bummer...hope somebody comes up with a solution to that problem soon.

How does one know if they have Netflix Silverlight? I didin't "opt in" for anything I don't think but my account is only a week old. Most are saying new Netflix accounts automaticly get Silverlight. If that is the case, then I have it but PlayOn still works fine. When I stream Netflix on my computer the movie play right in IE7, not a 3rd party applicaton.

I am installing the new PlayOn software as we speak and one thing that is different fro two days ago is that the install paused saying that I needed .NET Framework 3.5 installed prior to completing the PlayOn install. It is downloading/installing .NET right now...

PS - This is PlayOn version 2.59.3274

:D I hate these movies...but it is now personal!! And all this time, and I am also rebuilding a friends laptop and it is also throwing some tantrums. I am being challenged across the board tonight. But I rarely back down from a challenge.

This .NET install is taking FOREVER!!!

May still need to reboot the DVR, but after successful reinstall/upgrade of PlayOn, the Netflix folder still says "unable to read file", but other folders allow access. Will report back after Cowboys game...

Rebooting DVR seems to have helped, but now I am getting a message saying that the DVR couldn't not communicate with my PC. Tried to load a different movie, and the screen went blank (TV says "No Signal").

Time for a DVR network test....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)