Netflix Raises Fees for Blu-Ray...AGAIN!!!

Keep canceling, frees up new releases for the rest of us. As long as there is an increased demand for blu ray but not an increase in subscribers then something has got to give, Netflix is buying fewer DVDs and more Blu ray.
QUOTE]

You are quite the Netflix fanboy. Do you own their stock?

Keep canceling, frees up new releases for the rest of us. As long as there is an increased demand for blu ray but not an increase in subscribers then something has got to give, Netflix is buying fewer DVDs and more Blu ray.
You are quite the Netflix fanboy. Do you own their stock?

Not a fanboy at all, but understanding business I accept the 2 dollar increase. I paid a premium for a BD player over a SD player full well knowing BD discs cost more (even though they don't have to). I under stand the increase. The bigger the demand for Bluray the larger the costs for Netflix. If 2 dollars crimps the budget then maybe people need to evaluate there lifestyle.
Eventually everything goes up or obsolete.

Looking at the prices even closer all Netflix did was make the price equal to Block buster or less if you don't want Bluray

2 at a time
* Unlimited DVDs through the mail
* 3 free in-store exchanges per month - get new releases even faster!*

* Discounted in-store game rentals
* No extra charge for Blu-ray
$16.99 a month

Looking at the prices even closer all Netflix did was make the price equal to Block buster or less if you don't want Bluray

The equivalent Blockbuster plan is the mail-only plan at $13.99. You are comparing apples to Oranges if you include the in-store rentals.

:)

The equivalent Blockbuster plan is the mail-only plan at $13.99. You are comparing apples to Oranges if you include the in-store rentals.

:)
the 3 exchanges per month vs unlimited steaming equals it out. Not for those that don't have a 360 or Roku of course. I think everyone has a 360:D;)
I'll most likely drop to 1 per month because I don't watch all that many movies in the summer. Still nice to have one waiting instead of fighting the lines at BB.

the 3 exchanges per month vs unlimited steaming equals it out. Not for those that don't have a 360 or Roku of course. I think everyone has a 360:D;)
I'll most likely drop to 1 per month because I don't watch all that many movies in the summer. Still nice to have one waiting instead of fighting the lines at BB.

"fighting the lines"??

The in-store trade ins that Blockbuster offers makes for a huge advantage over Netflix.

Have fun with your "long" and "very long" waits on new releases as I waltz into Blockbuster brick & mortar today and come out with 2 new day and date new releases.

I have had Netflix and Blockbuster since they both pretty much started (long story). They both have draw backs and advantages.

Netflix streaming is the only reason I'm keeping them. At most I would get one Blu-Ray a month, everything is always a long wait. For $1 per month I didn't mind that much for $5 I do. Over the last year is seems my shipping delays with Netflix have been getting longer and longer and I’m seeing more movies with short or long waits.

Blockbuster has faster shipping and the in store swaps which I thought I never would use I turned out to really like. I also have little to no wait for Blu-Ray discs. But over the years my plan has gone from 13.99 to 19.99. I've gained in store swaps during that time but went from 4 free game / movie rental coupons to 2. Of which my BB store typically tries to tell me can't be used for games, despite they print that on the coupon. In the end they always honor them but the argument is just getting old. Your rental envelope does get you $2 off game rentals, but that feature corresponded with a $2 price increase for game rentals at the store. They also changed it so you’re in store swap count against your discs out at a time limit. They did this without any notice. However you can still return a disk to the store without renting a movie.

So if you need streaming then Netfix is better. If you just want the disks then Blockbuster is better, right now. I just have no faith in Blockbuster not going to change their plans again. However it now seems like Netflix might be heading down the same road.

After thinking a day, and knowing I do not watch but 2-3 movies per week (2 mostly), Im going to just dial back from the $28.99 4 out to the 3 out 20.99.

Good job Netflix, you made me reevaluate my plan, so, instead of the $23.99 I was paying, you now get $20.99

;)

"fighting the lines"??

The in-store trade ins that Blockbuster offers makes for a huge advantage over Netflix.

Have fun with your "long" and "very long" waits on new releases as I waltz into Blockbuster brick & mortar today and come out with 2 new day and date new releases.
I don't have problem with long waits. Every week I get a new movie in from my. Takes me 20 minutes to get to BB, another 20 in the store and again 20 back. It's not like I watch 10 dvds a week. 1-2 is the norm. With one being a new release. So no problems:D

After thinking a day, and knowing I do not watch but 2-3 movies per week (2 mostly), Im going to just dial back from the $28.99 4 out to the 3 out 20.99.

Good job Netflix, you made me reevaluate my plan, so, instead of the $23.99 I was paying, you now get $20.99

;)

Which benefits them also because now they have more discs in stock and fewer at the customer. Saves them money too.

The instore exchange feature that BB has is a HUGH bonus IMO and worth the switch.

I am grandfathered so I get unlimited instore exchanges unlimited disc and 3 at a time for 24.00 a month...and the turn around time is never more than 48hrs.

The instore exchange feature that BB has is a HUGH bonus IMO and worth the switch.

I am grandfathered so I get unlimited instore exchanges unlimited disc and 3 at a time for 24.00 a month...and the turn around time is never more than 48hrs.

I could not agree more, it's a great feature...except most people with NF are not interested in dropping into stores (obviously), likely the primary reason for picking NF to start with. And convenience of not doing that, is worth something too. Maybe not more than a dollar or two though..time will tell..I think unless the BD prices settle to something more reasonable, Netflix might just be one indicator of changes to come.

Which benefits them also because now they have more discs in stock and fewer at the customer. Saves them money too.

Im willing to bet, if enough customers downgrade one tier, they lose money in the long run, then the availability doesnt matter. I hardly doubt the $3 theyll lose from me(and all the dough they are about to lose from everyone else) is worth the extra disc per week. Seems like you are the blind defender of the faith in this thread.

Hey, run the company like Dish Network and see how far it gets em.

Last edited:
I dropped the blu-ray add-on and then suspended my account. I'll evaluate my options for the next month or so. The 24% premium for blu-ray service (3 DVD plan) is outrageous.:mad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)