netflix streaming coming to the ps3

Another big plus for the Roku is what is coming to the Roku in the next couple of months. Lots of screen shots floating around the web with Pandora, MediaFly, Revision3, etc. shown on the screen.

Yep, and that's when the box will have problems. Keep the box simple while it's working fine. The more crap they add, the more chance for conflicts and failure.

Also maybe a added fee after the updates. It's very cheap now to reel you in and have you addicted for future charging price.

I been thinking the service is so good on this box with netflix. That it will be cheap for me to get rid of dish and only invest in netflix.

I don't watch tv much and when I do. Netflix on roku has what I want. When I want to watch it as little as $10 a month. Talk about saving, let going dish service.

Yep, and that's when the box will have problems. Keep the box simple while it's working fine. The more crap they add, the more chance for conflicts and failure.

Also maybe a added fee after the updates. It's very cheap now to reel you in and have you addicted for future charging price.

I been thinking the service is so good on this box with netflix. That it will be cheap for me to get rid of dish and only invest in netflix.

I don't watch tv much and when I do. Netflix on roku has what I want. When I want to watch it as little as $10 a month. Talk about saving, let going dish service.

If they do have issues it won't be with Netflix or Amazon VOD as those channels have been working great. It will only be with the new channels. If they plan on charging a fee then don't use the channels that charge a fee, that simple.

If they do have issues it won't be with Netflix or Amazon VOD as those channels have been working great. It will only be with the new channels. If they plan on charging a fee then don't use the channels that charge a fee, that simple.

I'm not so sure there won't be any issues for everyone. In my case, when Roku pushed 2.3 firmware to add the MLB channel in September, I couldn't maintain HD streams on Netflix in spite of my 10 mbps wired connection and the fact that Amazon VOD HD titles worked fine. The same thing happened when I beta tested the Amazon VOD enhancements this summer (search function, 5.1 audio): I had issues with the stream rebuffering down to lower quality (non-HD) streams. In both instances, the problem was remedied by rolling my Roku back to the original 2.1 firmware version my box came with until a new build that corrected the problem in the newer firmware was pushed. This of course wasn't experienced by all users, but there were several of us complaining in Roku's forums.

As none of the new channels being rumored interest me at all (except Pandora), I'm dreading the firmware update that adds them. Thankfully, I at least now have the PS3 to get Netflix, though I'd almost rather use the Roku to save the wear and tear on the PS3 and energy costs.

Thankfully, I at least now have the PS3 to get Netflix, though I'd almost rather use the Roku to save the wear and tear on the PS3 and energy costs.
I was using 360's Netflix and then when the PS3 version came out I jumped to using that one to reduce wear and tear on my 360, because I'll be a LOT more upset if my 360 dies than if my PS3 dies.

I wish there was a way to stop my box from updating. My roku box is one of the best electonic device that I own, that is trouble free. I will hate to see this change.

How is the picture quality of the HD on the PS3 vs. the Roku box? I realize the interface is clunky, but once past that how's the picture?
PS3 seems to upconvert SD dvds better. SD versions of network series like Fringe & House are almost as good as original HD broadcasts.

I got the roku and one of my ps3 connected on the same tv with hdmi. I was watching The Office and 30 Rock series. I can play the same show on both system at the same time. The roku has better picture quality with the high def streaming. The ps3 is not bad, but not as good as roku. The roku looks better than dish by a long shot. The ps3 is around the same as dish picture quality. The roku tells you the show is streaming in HD which is 720p. The ps3 don't, but my tv tells me the ps3 is 720p.