Netflix Streaming just got better

I picked up an LG BD300 Blu Ray player at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Got the one on display for $299. Since I also needed a Blu Ray player, this worked for me because it has the netflix viewer built in. Works great and I love it. Now just debating on whether to get another or get the Roku only for our other tv.

The Roku is great. I heard the blurays with Netflix are kinda slow.

The new firmware for the Roku is out with Amazon video on demand. From what I hear it looks great.

Heard a rumor abut Youtube coming soon and I know the users are pushing Hulu hard.

The Roku is great. I heard the blurays with Netflix are kinda slow.

The new firmware for the Roku is out with Amazon video on demand. From what I hear it looks great.

Heard a rumor abut Youtube coming soon and I know the users are pushing Hulu hard.

I 'm also trying the 14 day trial with the playon software for my ps3,works great for hulu very clear picture,but with netflix picture slightly wash out compared with the Roku player witch is made for the netflix,but again with hulu with all the old sitcoms Adam-12,fantasy island, love boat and many more titles, I'm giving dish a second look for canceling service with them,i like to watch what i want, and when i want , as far as HD becoming not such a big deal anymore to me because with the roku the picture is really clear like HD to my eye's not so much with ps3 but still watchable to say the least.i recommend the roku player and playon for the ps3 for all your watching needs.:D

I concur, the Roku works great. I have two of these boxes, one is connected wireless and the other is wired over Ethernet. Just wish it had 1080i output, my Mitsubishi TV doesn't handle 720p so I have to settle for 480p. Maybe a future firmware upgrade will enable 1080i output and hopefully add Hulu.

Currently I use DivX Connected HD Media Player to stream Hulu, YouTube, and other Plug-ins.

I use Hulu on my HTPC. The video is decent on the 57 inch but the sound is horrible. But for free I guess I can deal. Its not the HTPC as I watch just about everything under the sun on this HTPC and the audio card is a DTS 7.1 card.

Doesn't PlayOn work with the 360 also?

Lots of options for TV these days.

Now that the new firmware is out for the Roku for Amazon On demand, I hope Amazon starts selling it. I have $65 in Amazon credits/gift cards. :D

PlayOn for my PS3 worked find for me with Hulu, but Netflix stuttered during my second (recent) go around beta testing it. (The first time, last October, it worked fine 50% of the time, not enough to pay for it, however.)

Surprised to hear the Roku only does 720p; just means it will get hooked up the the 720p LCD in my bedroom, where I still have room for another component any way.

I know you can register a bunch of devices but from what I heard you can only stream the number of DVDs you can have out a time to each device.

Makes sense otherwise I would have Rokus at my friends and family.

I use Hulu on my HTPC. The video is decent on the 57 inch but the sound is horrible. But for free I guess I can deal. Its not the HTPC as I watch just about everything under the sun on this HTPC and the audio card is a DTS 7.1 card.

Doesn't PlayOn work with the 360 also?

Lots of options for TV these days.

yes!

I know you can register a bunch of devices but from what I heard you can only stream the number of DVDs you can have out a time to each device.

And i'm telling you that's not true,i have 2 roku,ps3 and have a dvd they sent,and i can stream on all three at same time and three different movie on all three for sure. when people start to buy this service it will probably be treated as a extra player fee for everyone after the first i say within the next year.you cant beat this for 8.99 a month, they just dont know this yet to new,but what i see with my eyes this is a winner and the little box gem they have produced is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Att cant even get there ip service correct yet.

I concur, the Roku works great. I have two of these boxes, one is connected wireless and the other is wired over Ethernet. Just wish it had 1080i output, my Mitsubishi TV doesn't handle 720p so I have to settle for 480p. Maybe a future firmware upgrade will enable 1080i output and hopefully add Hulu.

Currently I use DivX Connected HD Media Player to stream Hulu, YouTube, and other Plug-ins.

Ya but it still looks great at even 480p,Its a winner:up

Now that the new firmware is out for the Roku for Amazon On demand, I hope Amazon starts selling it. I have $65 in Amazon credits/gift cards. :D

PlayOn for my PS3 worked find for me with Hulu, but Netflix stuttered during my second (recent) go around beta testing it. (The first time, last October, it worked fine 50% of the time, not enough to pay for it, however.)

Surprised to hear the Roku only does 720p; just means it will get hooked up the the 720p LCD in my bedroom, where I still have room for another component any way.

try it now i have no stuttered problems at all plays perfect I watch Adam-12 episode one today it was so enjoyable to say the lease,i believe its out of beta testing now ,it has better software now pretty solid

Bring on the friends & family and even bring to your friends house also,brought to my brother house and it works great there too. 8.99 are you outta your mine!NOPE:eek:

I picked up an LG BD300 Blu Ray player at Best Buy a few weeks ago. Got the one on display for $299. Since I also needed a Blu Ray player, this worked for me because it has the netflix viewer built in. Works great and I love it. Now just debating on whether to get another or get the Roku only for our other tv.

Roku all the way dude :D! very very very clear picture with this little gem,better then tivo,ps3,xbox or whatever you want to use to stream content for sure!

And i'm telling you that's not true,i have 2 roku,ps3 and have a dvd they sent,and i can stream on all three at same time and three different movie on all three for sure. when people start to buy this service it will probably be treated as a extra player fee for everyone after the first i say within the next year.you cant beat this for 8.99 a month, they just dont know this yet to new,but what i see with my eyes this is a winner and the little box gem they have produced is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Att cant even get there ip service correct yet.

I just tried it.. the kids were watching The Office on the 360 in HD and I fired up a random movie on the Roku and it played just fine streaming to both devices at the same time. Nice!

EDIT:
Little People Big World
Survivor Man
Myth Busters
Deadliest Catch
Future Weapons
American Chopper
Miami Ink
Shark Week
Meerkat Manor
Extreme Engineering

Wow! That's great! Now if they just add Dirty Jobs and a few things from Planet Green, I will be happy. Just canceled the Dish and I am fighting off withdrawal symptoms. I think long term with TivoHD/Antenna combined with Netflix Watch Now I can be happy.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)