Netflix subs UP, HBO/Showtime Down

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would say that Netflix is a much better value than any of the premiums. Now they are putting out original series that are right up there with most of the premium series too. HBO still has me hooked during Game of Thrones and Showtime was sucking me in for Dexter and Homeland but I have found that I don't need these channels year round anymore. Now that Dexter and Weeds are done I might not be signing back up for Showtime at any time of the year.

I have kept my Netflix plan year round since 2008 though. The premiums keep getting more expensive when they should be trying to reduce prices and compete with streaming options. HBO is $19 now. Game of Thrones is probably my favorite show on TV right now but even for that I won't pay $19 per month. I will try to get a deal on HBO when it comes back and if I can't get something I like I will use my parents account for HBO Go access. At these prices they are practically begging people to share the cost of one HBO subscription using HBO Go.

Haven't subbed to Showtime/Max/Stz in years.We got the HBO half off deal once.We have had netflix for over 2 years now.Not only do they have original series,they also have many tv series from past seasons,plus movies,all on demand and commercial free.To me it's the best bargain in tv land.

Haven't subbed to Showtime/Max/Stz in years.We got the HBO half off deal once.We have had netflix for over 2 years now.Not only do they have original series,they also have many tv series from past seasons,plus movies,all on demand and commercial free.To me it's the best bargain in tv land.

Well, soon you probably won't be able to distinguish between a premium channel and a regular channel as they throw crap up on the screen DURING programming. Cinemax puts a hashtag during Banshee (not even the courtesy of at least making it transparent like Showtime's channel bug) and Starz throws up pop up graphics.

Renting on disc IS the only way to watch a movie with peace of mind a station isn't going to throw up something on screen or mess with the end credits. (Netflix streaming needs an option to disable that putting the end credits in a little box.)

Well, soon you probably won't be able to distinguish between a premium channel and a regular channel as they throw crap up on the screen DURING programming. Cinemax puts a hashtag during Banshee (not even the courtesy of at least making it transparent like Showtime's channel bug) and Starz throws up pop up graphics.

Renting on disc IS the only way to watch a movie with peace of mind a station isn't going to throw up something on screen or mess with the end credits. (Netflix streaming needs an option to disable that putting the end credits in a little box.)

I can tell regular cable channels from premiums and Netflix based on their content and lack of commercials. I really don't care about credits being messed with and most stationary screen bugs don't bother me either. The only ones that usually annoy me are the moving ones.

I can't read those Netflix credits in the box either. I like to look for location s the show was shot and my wife also follows the credits. Agree they need to allow the full movie to end full screen.

I need to look at dropping Showtime too. Dexter and Homeland kept me subscribed. Haven't really seen anything that grabs me lately. Guess time to save the $14.

Last edited:
I can't read those Netflix credits in the box either. I like to look for location s the show was shot and my wife also follows the credits. Agree they need to allow the full movie to end full screen..
On the Roku, if you move the selection up to the little credits screen box on the upper left, you can select it and it will go back to full screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)