Netflix - What we watched

Netflix has started releasing stats on what we collectively watched:

Here is some more info-

https://deadline.com/2023/12/netflix-viewership-data-highlights-success-1235665278/

This should dispel the myth that no one watches Netflix shows in great numbers.

For example , the Night Agent had 812M hours viewed, if everyone watched all 10 episodes, that is 81 Million Viewers each episode or 31 Million Households.

In Comparison, NFL SNF averaged about 18 Million views, last season, that is 6.9 Million Households.

The most watch TV Show last season on CBS, NCIS (yech) averaged 9.86 M viewers each episode, that is 2.6 Million Households.

The just completed World Series, 4 Million Households.

This should dispel the myth that no one watches Netflix shows in great numbers.

For example , the Night Agent had 812M hours viewed, if everyone watched all 10 episodes, that is 81 Million Viewers each episode or 31 Million Households.
Must you always do this? The Night Agent numbers are GLOBAL numbers not just USA numbers. The rest of your statistics you quoted are strictly USA numbers, so are an absolutely meaningless comparison in your continued crusade against Linear TV viewing.

Reactions: TRG
Must you always do this? The Night Agent numbers are GLOBAL numbers not just USA numbers. The rest of your statistics you quoted are strictly USA numbers, so are an absolutely meaningless comparison
Night Agent was a United States English Production , so it would have bigger numbers here then elsewhere, but if you wish for some math.

United States Netflix subscribers-77 Million
Global-247 Million

So the United States is 31% of Netflix Subscribers.

So, of that 82 Million that watch the Night Agent, 31% would be a little over 25 million or 9.7 Million Households.

Still better the the NFL, NCIS and definitely better then the World Series.

Not perfect math, but it is all we have.

Does that make you happy?

in your continued crusade against Linear TV viewing.
Why is it that people keep coming into the CORD CUTTERS AREA, where I m not violating any rules and keep attacking me, now by someone I have never interacted with ever.

Sorry you do not like the way Television is evolving, but in it’s entire history, it has consistently changed.

But take your anger out on someone else, I have never went into a thread just to attack/belittle another member, yet every time I venture elsewhere here, usually on something business related ( since I have a Business degree, I do have a opinion) I immediately get reported to the mods.

Night Agent was a United States English Production , so it would have bigger numbers here then elsewhere, but if you wish for some math.

United States Netflix subscribers-77 Million
Global-247 Million

So the United States is 31% of Netflix Subscribers.

So, of that 82 Million that watch the Night Agent, 31% would be a little over 25 million or 9.7 Million Households.

Still better the the NFL, NCIS and definitely better then the World Series.

Not perfect math, but it is all we have.

Does that make you happy?
Better, though, as you say, still not perfect, due to Netflix's way of reporting it (no breakdown of the regions where the viewers were). Not to be too pedantic, but the 77 million is USA and Canada. LOL!

Why is it that people keep coming into the CORD CUTTERS AREA, where I m not violating any rules and keep attacking me, now by someone I have never interacted with ever.
Sure we have, for example, called you out before on your misuse of statistics:

Sorry you do not like the way Television is evolving, but in it’s entire history, it has consistently changed.

But take your anger out on someone else, I have never went into a thread just to attack/belittle another member, yet every time I venture elsewhere here, usually on something business related ( since I have a Business degree, I do have a opinion) I immediately get reported to the mods.

What anger? I've never said anything either way about how television is evolving. What I don't like is disingenuous or misuse of statistics to pad your point of view against Linear TV (which is obvious for anyone to see, considering you constantly do it on any of the sub-forums).

What anger? I've never said anything either way about how television is evolving. What I don't like is disingenuous or misuse of statistics to pad your point of view against Linear TV (which is obvious for anyone to see, considering you constantly do it on any of the sub-forums).
You made me the subject of your post, which is against the rules here, post on what the subject is, show a counter point.

You made me the subject of your post, which is against the rules here, post on what the subject is, show a counter point.
LOL! No, I made your inaccurate statistical posting (and your obvious bias, which causes it) the point of my post. That made you correct your statistics to as accurate as it could be, based on the available data. That was the counter point. And we'll ignore your attack on me in your post, shall we?