NETGEAR NeoTV Streaming Player NTV300-100NAS?

In the add it shows the icon for Dish's sling. I was hoping it would work on crt tv's since when we go the the family vacation house on Cape Cod there is only a crt. But it only has hdmi out.
Now if they had a Sling app for the Roku.

Just a guess but I think these are like my WDTV boxes and only work with stand alone Sling Boxes and not slingadapters

Yes those "Apps" on the NEO work with the Slingbox. (And work very well)

There are "connected devices" with the Sling App that do have ANALOG OUTPUTS. I know at least SOME of the WD line of products have analog output, but you'll have to go to the Sling website for the complete but VERY SHORT list of all the connected devices with the Sling App, and confirm they have analog outputs for your CRT TV, BUT . . .

the Neo and ALL the other "connected devices" ONLY work with the SLINGBOX product, NOT with HWS nor the adapters nor any Dish branded Sling solutions. The only way for you to receive Dish programming with the NeoTV (or the other "connected devices" such as the WD line and the OLD Boxee Box, and a Sony/Google product I can't recall) is to connect the OUTPUT of the Dish box via HDMI (HDMI may prevent channels using HDCP from passing through) or analog component (still HD) or composite video/audio into the SlingBox. The good news is that you can connect almost ANY device such as other cable or sat boxes, blu-ray players, TiVo's, DVD players, etc. to the SlingBox and Sling the content to your remote location.

The Sling App for connected devices and Sling App for mobile devices will NOT work with HWS nor Sling Adapter, which are Dish products. The Sling Apps work ONLY with the SlingBox products.

The cheaper WD Live seems to get rather poor reviews on Amazon, but the more expensive WD Hub gets far better reviews overall, and especially using the Sling App. I have both the WD Hub and a Slinbox 500, but I haven't had time to connect them. I going to invest in the Kindle Fire for my books and the Sling App for Kindly Fire, as well as Sling to my PC's. My content is on a TiVo, so the HWS and Adapter are not solutions for that content.

Last edited:
In the add it shows the icon for Dish's sling. I was hoping it would work on crt tv's since when we go the the family vacation house on Cape Cod there is only a crt. But it only has hdmi out.
Now if they had a Sling app for the Roku.

Yes, we are all waiting for that Sling app on the Roku or even Samsung or other big TV makers. Unfortunatley the list of connected devices with the Sling App is very short. Go to Sling's website and they have about 3 or 4 devices listed. Of course, the Sling App for mobile devices works for almost all mobile devices, even the Kindle Fire line.

The TV at the vacation house has Comcast and Comcast internet. My solution may be to get the hdmi to composite cable mentioned in a previous post from Amazon and just hook my laptop upto the TV. Otherwise I just watch on my laptop.

I may work with Google Chromcast via your laptop as well. I will test it when I get home tonight.