Network ABC hd on directv?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My account lists Fox HD, but none of the other network HD stations. I had to call Direcv last week to get the Fox HD once I learned that we are entitled to receive it for free. Now, is the same true for the other network HD stations as well? I guess my question is - is Fox any different than the other network stations when it comes to receiveing the HD as part of the HD package? I do now know if it matters, but I live in the Phoenix area. Thanks for the help in advance.

ramy said:
I kinda hope your wrong, because I would like to see the Bowl games in HD.

None of the Crappy Toilet Bowl games on ESPN have been in HD. Hope the original Bowl Games are. Rose, Orange, Sugar, ect.....

tobwco said:
None of the Crappy Toilet Bowl games on ESPN have been in HD. Hope the original Bowl Games are. Rose, Orange, Sugar, ect.....

I agree, ESPN only has had a couple games in HD so far. Scott has said in another post that it should be up by 1/3/05.

Here's how my package is listed I get all the networks west and east coast and I get both HD CBS and NBC but with Fox I only get 88 and on 89 it says ext. 721 any reason why ?

Rustolemite

PLAYBOY TV
HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER
Network: ABC from NYC/LA_*
Network: NBC from NYC/LA_*
Network: CBS from NYC/LA_*
Network: PBS_*
Network: FOX from NYC_*

Mine shows HD for the networks:

HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER w/Locals
Additional Receiver
Network: ABC HD_*
Network: NBC HD_*
Network: FOX HD_*
Network: CBS HD_*

rustolemite said:
Here's how my package is listed I get all the networks west and east coast and I get both HD CBS and NBC but with Fox I only get 88 and on 89 it says ext. 721 any reason why ?

Rustolemite

PLAYBOY TV
HD Package
TOTAL CHOICE PREMIER
Network: PBS_*
Network: FOX from NYC_*

Because if you notice on ABC, CBS and NBC your waiver applies to both the NYC and LA see:
However, Directv only approve your Fox waiver for the East coast feed (NYC_*) and not for the LA West coast feed. Therefore you can only recieve FOX HD_NYC (channel 88) and NOT the LA West FOX HD feed (channel 89):D
Hope this help!!!

yes it does thanks ... but I get both 388 and 389 of Fox .... and do the people who have a listing of NBC HD_* is it because they got their networks without needing waivers ? also new to the whole HD and Directv so excuse the dumb questions

Rustolemite

ABC DirecTV Dallas NOT?!?

Excited to see the ABC HD show up on guide.....but after two calls to DirecTV they tell me what I should have known I guess. DFW is not an ABC O&O market and I will not be able to get it.

The OTA feed is unusable in my area (tall buildings between me and the tower).

Very disappointed. Was really looking forward to OU in the BCS game.

Well I live outside the denver area and I called this morning about getting ABC-HD since unless you live in downtown Denver it is impossible to get.

Eventually I got to an CSR HD person and he informed me that I would not get any of the HD DNS.

I am sure that the board members know the bad tower situation in Denver and that ABC,NBC and CBS have low power transmitters on downtown buildings.

Well i have requested a signal test for HD only which except for Fox and WB (one of the few places in the U.S. that has it) should be easy to show that I have no signal at my residence which is 45 miles north of Denver. Power output from CBS and NBC are 11Kwatts and the ABC is 2 Kwatts (that is from the FCC website).

Maybe some one could summarizae the new rules as it pertains to digital broadcasts.

colofan said:
Well I live outside the denver area and I called this morning about getting ABC-HD since unless you live in downtown Denver it is impossible to get.

Eventually I got to an CSR HD person and he informed me that I would not get any of the HD DNS.

I am sure that the board members know the bad tower situation in Denver and that ABC,NBC and CBS have low power transmitters on downtown buildings.

Well i have requested a signal test for HD only which except for Fox and WB (one of the few places in the U.S. that has it) should be easy to show that I have no signal at my residence which is 45 miles north of Denver. Power output from CBS and NBC are 11Kwatts and the ABC is 2 Kwatts (that is from the FCC website).

Maybe some one could summarizae the new rules as it pertains to digital broadcasts.
No worries friend. I spoke with Rick Craddock at Channel 7. He said they will not do any waivers (mine was revoked) but that in April they plan to being sending the HD feed to DirecTV for use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.