Network media player wanted

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
I've been checking around Ebay for something decent and I've seen a lot of Chinese units. I'm a little weary about buying from China if you know what I mean.

That said..I'm seeking a network media player with:

(1) Full 1080i
(2) Component out (Y,Pb,Pr)
(3) Wired networking LAN port (with option to go wireless)

Just wondering if anyone has tinkered with such a device that fits the criteria and doesn't suck so bad.

I don't want a Chinese unit that will fail in 2 months due to bad capacitors or something that isn't full HD

Any input is appreciated...thanks!

I think most of the CE electronics (or at least components that go into it) are manufactured in China nowadays. Not much you can do about it.

As to your main question, check out the latest WDTV Live. It will do everything you want but wireless. And that would probably be doable shortly with hacked firmware.

Diogen.

HD network media player

According to your demand, i think EHP-608 network media player is ok. I am using EHP-700 now. Until now i haven't found any problems of quality. As i told, it has gotten CE and FCC certificate. I think it's a nice player and very convenient. :angel:

I've been checking around Ebay for something decent and I've seen a lot of Chinese units. I'm a little weary about buying from China if you know what I mean.

That said..I'm seeking a network media player with:

(1) Full 1080i
(2) Component out (Y,Pb,Pr)
(3) Wired networking LAN port (with option to go wireless)

Just wondering if anyone has tinkered with such a device that fits the criteria and doesn't suck so bad.

I don't want a Chinese unit that will fail in 2 months due to bad capacitors or something that isn't full HD

Any input is appreciated...thanks!

I've got one of these: Amazon.com: Western Digital WD TV Live Network-ready HD Media Player?@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/415QukaExpL.@@AMEPARAM@@415QukaExpL

and I like it fine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts