Neusat HD 9000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgbayless

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
Mississippi
Yesterday Tuesday 08/07/07 I received this receiver in the mail. I tried PBS HD feeds, I seen signal, but not quite strong enough. Also, tried giants baseball FSN feed last night, not strong enough signal. Sounds like some fine tuning needs to be done. My BUD has a active 4dtv on that I slave to.

I tried HD outdoor channel on g10 success,YESSS! this receiver has blind scan. Will let you know as I tinker with it. Also I will test any suggestions that is asked per this is a new receiver, within the rules of forum.

If a known 4:2:2 HD is found I will gladly try to see.

I bought for $270.00 total (Receiver & Shipping) on ebay. If all it can do is HD 4:2:0 still a decent price.

Last edited:
Was able to scan in PBS feed 511 and 513 ac-3 audio playing on tv audio. Still have to fine tune dish for PBS HD feeds. Signal of 67% Quality of 45% not quite strong enough for trial.

Last edited:
If you have a cband dish pointed at IA-6, try a blindscan in the afternoon (EDT) and you should find a 4:2:2 SD feed.

Does this box have Blind Scan? If so how is it? I had the SP-6000 a while back and got rid of it, mainly because the blind scan would keep going past 12.200. This made the scan times take forever. I like the neusat otherwise.

I am having trouble with the feeds, example football feeds on T6 I could not get a signal, even though my 4dtv setup can pick up Neb PBS. My coolsat 5000 would find these signals. This receiver makes me feel like a novice. The blind scan does not work very well for me, does not see all signals.

Doesn't sound like he's too happy with it so far. I, like others, would really
like to know if it will display those 4:2:2 feeds. Hockey season is approaching, and it looks like versus is keeping the contract for a while!

I was using 4dtv Neb PBS as a reference that the BUD is alligned well enough to get these signals. I have the Neusat slaved to the 4dtv. I'll continue to search for answers. The Neusat would not recognise HD signal for espn MNF on G3, But will lock in 4 SF locals on same sat. My sboX dvb2300 will recognise the hd feed but will not decode it. The signal meter on the neusat is weaker than my other receivers. Seems to me it ought to recognise signal whether it can decode HD or not. This needs to be fixed by a new download by the Neusat Folks.

I replaced DiSEqC switch with sw21, put cband on sat1 and kuband on sat2. I found through research, the neusathd responds to it better. I was able to find more feeds through blind scan. Ex: Little League World series feed last night. Receiver will find 4:2:0 feeds. Still no 4:2:2 hd feeds. But at least this is progress, Receiver recognized usb jump drive and factory updates. Receiver would not install them, might be older than one's on receiver. One file was supposed to correct DiSEqC switch issue.

Will a dish 500 pointed at nimiq work for nimiq 81 and 92 sats. so i can test the HD sample to see if Neusat HD receiver can see HD 4:2:2???

82 & 91 have no 4:2:2 feeds

If you want a 4:2:2 feed go to AMC1 (103W) KU and scan in NBC...those are 4:2:2 feeds

That answers the 4:2:2 question.
I wonder if any co will deliver a box that picks those up-other than the computer cards?

Thanks for the info and help, just glad it does at least 4:2:0 hd. Was worried this receiver would not receive or scan any feeds. The main reason I bought this receiver was for college football feeds. If it will accomplish that, I will be happy. Would have loved 4:2:2 HD. But I knew the chances when I bought receiver. I felt at $270 for receiver and shipping it was worth a chance. Maybe there will be an upgrade for this receiver in the future (Fingers Crossed).

I have accomplished by purchasing this receiver.
(1) ac-3 direct to TV without special audio receiver.
(2) 4:2:0 HD.
(3) blind scan (but no way to set parameters, always a full scan)
One negative not mentioned, no OTA scan or reception of local digital feeds.

That answers the 4:2:2 question.
I wonder if any co will deliver a box that picks those up-other than the computer cards?

Looks like it's still only the $700 Quali-tv.

Don't these manufacturers know what we want?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)