New 2 D? - service download=picture quality

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dbalone

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I have been a directv customer for two months now. Overall I do not have any major problems. However, I have noticed that there is a "service download"
occuring about every 9 days. The dates and times are seen under system information. By the way I have the R10 tivo unit. My picture quality seems to improve after each service download - is this my imagination? The picture quality seems to be sharper and richer in color. As the week progresses I loose some quality and then this download seems to change it again. Can someone answer this? Is there anything else I can do to keep the picture quality the same?

The service downloads trigger the receiver to very slowly burn an amount of marijuana that is built into the receiver, thereby giving you a slight buzz that lets you appreciate colors better. As the week goes on you come back to reality so they need to get you stoned again.

Just kidding, I don't do DirecTV dvr's but someone in the DirecTV DVR forum would more likly give you a hand with it.

And welcome to satellite guys!

Status
Please reply by conversation.