New 24" HD TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
Well, I finally bit the bullet last week and ordered a 24" HD LCD TV from newegg.com for my shop. In the past I've only had a 13" portable that belonged to my Mom and was made in 1995 so it's damn near an antique @ 16 years old. Got an iSymphony TV for $200 shipped and again, newegg.com came through when I received it in less than 3 days.

Right now I've got that thing connected via RF to my Elite but will pick up an HDMI cable this coming week so I can see what real HD looks like. Problem with that is I've got a 50" Hitachi projection TV in my bedroom that will probably look like crap from then on.

Ennywho, just wanted you guys know that I'm finally going to see what I've been missing. ;)

Always good to get a new toy.

I think you will like the HD experience.

If you're not in a big hurry for a HDMI cable ebay has some good prices.

Take care

Right now I've got that thing connected via RF to my Elite but will pick up an HDMI cable this coming week so I can see what real HD looks like.
......Ennywho, just wanted you guys know that I'm finally going to see what I've been missing. ;)

There will be no going back. The first time I saw real HD, it was nothing short of spectacular. Enjoy! :)

Monoprice and Meritline should be good for cables if you don't find a deal on eBay.

I've bought wall brackets cheaply from Monoprice as well as many cables; they're kinda local.
From Meritline I got a 3-input HDMI switch with remote control, and it came with 3 or 4 HDMI cables, all for around $20.

I got a 22" 1080 TV for the bedroom last year.
Once you're hooked on the wide screen HD experience and want one for the living room, start with 42" size. :up
I've had one for 5+ years, and it's ruined me for SD! :)

Always good to get a new toy.

I think you will like the HD experience.

If you're not in a big hurry for a HDMI cable ebay has some good prices.

Take care

Thanks for the tip on the cable. Looked on Best Buy and they wanted $8.99 plus tax. fleabay is $1.04 SHIPPED??? Don't know how they are doing that but I'll take it!

Looked on Best Buy and they wanted $8.99 plus tax
where you find a 8.99 HDMI cable there?
Cheapest one I found was $20

I got mine from monoprice for like $4 shipped...some nice heavy duty 6 footers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)