New * 3, have some 922 issues/questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scdown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 24, 2010
Denver
So, I'm:

1. New to SatelliteGuys.US
  2. New to Dish
  3. New to my VIP 922
I have a couple of issues for which I haven't seen obvious answers, so please bear with me.

I think my broadband connection is working, because I have what looks to be a legit, non-conflicting IP from my router (10.0.1.4), and I see packet traffic (more receive than send by a decent margin).

That said, I have two issues:

1. While I can use Dish Remote Access from home to view programming on my laptop, when I'm at the office, DRA tells me that my receiver needs a connection to the Internet.
  2. The search feature on the 922 never returns any results. I enter "HOW" for How It's Made, and get No Results. Same with "IDOL" for American Idol. I can see both programs in the Guide, but those keywords aren't searcahble.
Do I need to leave this alone for a while, or is there a known problem?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

The answer to #2 is to leave it alone for a while. Search should work fine in about 24 hours.

Welcome to the site! :)

I have had mine for a little over a week now. I was slinging after about 4 hours and the search function was working after about 10 or 12 hours. However, the DRA sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. I have had it tell me my receiver needed to be connected, closed my browser, go back, log in and it worked fine. Sometimes it works the first time. And this is on my home network. Haven't tried it outside yet.

I did what you suggested - left it alone overnight, and found that the search function started working (pretty well, actually), OnDemand is available, and my Slingbox firmware was downloaded (it was all zeroes last night)

The only hiccups I've found thus far are what other people are reporting - some intermittent behavior with DRA - although for me, it comes up with the popup to continue offline, and when I do, my DVR is still available and I can still stream video, so I can deal with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)