New 5 LNB Dish specs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsatman68

Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Hello all nice sight. i am a dtv installer have been for 10 years or so. am going to chicago, soon and am told that we are going to be installing this new dish . does anyone have the specs on the dish? such as satellites recieved,,what size mount the dish uses ,approximate asimuth and elevation and such. sure would like to know what im getting in to. heard from a tech at dtv that there are some issues with the 110 and 119 birds showing the correct signal strength . hell any info you can help with would be appreciated. TIA also is there a down load for the birddog for the new sats etc.

Thats the new HD dish for the MPEG 4 with the two new SAT's that D* launched for the new HD programming. I dont remember the specs right now but I will post em tomarra.

Last edited:
yeah thats what i heard.. wonder if itll be as much a pain in the ass as the two dish setup for varios locals..sure hope not

dsatman68 said:
Hello all nice sight. i am a dtv installer have been for 10 years or so. am going to chicago, soon and am told that we are going to be installing this new dish . does anyone have the specs on the dish? such as satellites recieved,,what size mount the dish uses ,approximate asimuth and elevation and such. sure would like to know what im getting in to. heard from a tech at dtv that there are some issues with the 110 and 119 birds showing the correct signal strength . hell any info you can help with would be appreciated. TIA also is there a down load for the birddog for the new sats etc.

pm your email address and ill send you the complete file.........bob

gee id love to but im staying in a motel ..definately not part of there package.. besides id like to see more than just how to install i like to know how it works im a technician not just an installer..

dsatman68 said:
gee id love to but im staying in a motel ..definately not part of there package.. besides id like to see more than just how to install i like to know how it works im a technician not just an installer..

If you are such a good tech like you put on you would have known about the channel. I was offering you help if you want to make smart comments go somewere else.

dragon no didnt get the file and tate i am a damn good tech and i did know about the channell .as i stated i want something in writing to carry for my other techs. if you had read my first post i would think thats what you would have gathered dragon did.

dsat,

Sorry but I have to call you out on this, your first post says nothing about anything in writing or that you wanted something to take to other techs. You said you want to know what satellites it picks up and the specs on the dish which channel 592 tells you everything you need to know about it.

Wouldn't a real tech, and an installer for that matter, have to have gone through some sort of training on the new AT9 and received all they needed up front?

charper1 said:
Wouldn't a real tech, and an installer for that matter, have to have gone through some sort of training on the new AT9 and received all they needed up front?

You would hope so. All that information ready from D*.

sbca sight has no info on the dish, also dtv sight has none. even spoke with a tech at dtv ,he gave me this sight to get the info. as i stated i am going to chicago this week the info is there not where im at. i am just trying to get a head start on the installation. training is being provided once we get there. tate let me apoligize for my replys to your post but i am having trouble getting paid from my former company and i was major pissed off the other day.as i have done some reseasrch on the dish already b4 arriving here i figured you guys would have the info . seems all some want to do is post unrelated stuff( not u tate) i cant believe no one said

satellites recieved: answer
apprximate skew and elevation for my area:answer
specs dish is __________ big
etc.
damn how hard is that .

dragon not sure of the zip code up there i appreciate your efforts

I think no one ever posted it because we assumed a tech/installer knew all the basic info already.

• Dish surface area dimensions: 25.5" (h) x 29.5" (W)
• LNB arm with LNBS attached extends 23.5" from the dish surface area
• Weight: 32 lbs (including J-mount mast, dish surface, LNBs, arm and pole attachment)
• To be used to pick up high definition local channel programming from DIRECTV
• Four outputs carrying satellite signal from all Five satellites in the sky
• Heavy duty j-mount with 2" outer diameter mast opening
• Must use H20 satellite receiver to watch local channel HD programming (where available)
• Capable of receiving DIRECTV satellite signals on the Ku band (101°, 110°, 119°) and Ka band (99°, 103°)

Last edited:
charper1 said:
I think no one ever posted it because we assumed a tech/installer knew all the basic info already.

• Dish surface area dimensions: 25.5" (h) x 29.5" (W)
• LNB arm with LNBS attached extends 23.5" from the dish surface area
• Weight: 32 lbs (including J-mount mast, dish surface, LNBs, arm and pole attachment)
• To be used to pick up high definition local channel programming from DIRECTV
• Four outputs carrying satellite signal from all Five satellites in the sky
• Heavy duty j-mount with 2" outer diameter mast opening
• Must use H20 satellite receiver to watch local channel HD programming (where available)
• Capable of receiving DIRECTV satellite signals on the Ku band (101°, 110°, 119°) and Ka band (99°, 103°)
That manual is the bogus version from the Solidsignal web site, why does it still get posted? Here is the current AT9 manual that someone else posted awhile back.
Rick

Attachments

• AT9 manual.pdf
    920.9 KB · Views: 593
at9 Chicago ill. specs:

azimuth....204

elevation....40

tilt (skew)....76

Chicago is zone 2, it uses the center bolt hole for the lnb adapter.

notes:

the pole is 2 inch od and all new orders are shipped with the cross arm (stabilizers) and ARE to be used.

never connect a satellite meter directly to the 110,119 lnb .....ever.

DSATMAN68 should also find out what brand dish is used in his area, the manual differs a little between brands. The AT9 manual is for the WNC flavor.
Rick

jockey,

i want to post the file i have to share it with the members, it is in pdf, (adobe) what do i use the share to web folder??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)