New 5 tuner Directv receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Said it could do PiP also.
I wonder if Direct will charge by the tuner like you know who???

Hope not. You got to wonder why Direct will eliminate boxes and give us just one.

Said it could do PiP also.
I wonder if Direct will charge by the tuner like you know who???

Hope not. You got to wonder why Direct will eliminate boxes and give us just one.

This way if you have issues, they will return your whole system and you'll start over with everything.

I don't like the one recvr idea, if it can be used on it's own and not have to be connected to the internet , fine.

Until I see a press release about an HR25 it's just something someone made up to stir the pot.

My cousin's brother works at DIRECTV, last weekend he told me they'll be shipping out the HR30.
:rolleyes:

if i read it right one box would serve up to five tvs is this for live tv and would it be in hd. i thought hd couldn't be delivered over coax exept from and antenna

It absolutely can be done, and the best way to do it would be to incorporate ATSC (digital OTA) modulators into the unit. Dish's dual TV receivers use a standard NTSC (analog OTA/cable) modulator, which is why TV2 is only capable of SD. If the new boxes encode ATSC, they can transmit 720p/1080i to any HDTV, and standard 480i/p to SDTVs over regular RG6.

You will never see a box that has atsc modulators...the program providers would not allow it.

The 5 tuners sounds nice but OTA is a must to have also. I use mine all the time to watch subchannels that are not carried and to watch locals from my neighboring dma.

Well then I don't see any other way they can send HD to remote TV's. Can't do it with NTSC, and you can't do it via encrypted QAM without some kind of box at the TV end. So what's your suggestion on how its done? I highly doubt it would require stringing HDMI or component throughout the house..

I am confused this is the same box I been hyping since it "backdoor" apperance at CES this early this year.

I been screaming from the roof tops dont waste your time or money on a hr24 rvu is right around the corner but that is life.

RVU is already being used in the MRV server/client setup thought things such as ui push feature is not needed since all current mrv clients are other dtv hardware.

and before you i believe members like rad gave hints on this unit. sounds like a great piece of equipment. i just wonder if it could be used on one tv only so i can take advantage of all 5 tuners. i would move my hr24 to the bedroom and get rid of the HR20.

JerseyMatt said:
Well then I don't see any other way they can send HD to remote TV's. Can't do it with NTSC, and you can't do it via encrypted QAM without some kind of box at the TV end. So what's your suggestion on how its done? I highly doubt it would require stringing HDMI or component throughout the house..

Only way I can see is with a box of some sort at each tv.

hopefully overstock.com can have the cheap like the 24's were..

It can be done the same way they're doing MRV over coax.

and before you i believe members like rad gave hints on this unit. sounds like a great piece of equipment. i just wonder if it could be used on one tv only so i can take advantage of all 5 tuners. i would move my hr24 to the bedroom and get rid of the HR20.

same here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)