New 721 Beta Screen Shots!

I'll trade a million weather features for one name-based recording feature. If I want the weather i'll turn on the weather channel or use the internet or look out the window.

Scott Greczkowski said:
...See the screen shot below I just took for you. :)...

yep, this confirms it!!
you ARE the man....actually you are The Man

thanks Scott :D

Scott,

For those that don't have a 721, could you perhaps post a shot of the guide (both non-transparent and transparent) and the timer creation screen?

This should give those interested in the 921 some idea of what to expect.

Scott,
As usual good job. I assume if the 721 is recording or set to record, the sleep mode will be ignored?

Ken I will try to do that tonight. :)

Filip, yes if you have a recording scheduled it will record, if the hard drive powered off it will power it on, if the unit is powered on and recording it will not go into standby mode with it recording.

Scott,

Can you also put up the screenshot that shows "Record from beginning of show" option when recording a show after it has started but is in the buffer?

Ken_F said:
Those last screenshots really show off the need for a 16:9 guide on the 921...

Yeah, no kidding. That is my biggest dissapointment with the 921 so far.

BobaBird said:
On the dish pointing screen, shouldn't "Spotbeam" be "Transponder?" Not everyone lives under a spotbeam.

I would imagine this will act the same as it does now with current software. Whether it is TP or SB. the rcvr will recognize it and label that field accordingly.

Yea... excellent post.

Love my 721... And, looks like some darn good improvements. I like that timer conflict resoltuion! That might be the best improvement of the bunch.

Scott, thanks..
Maybe when you get a chance you can mention about the new features other then weather and triple conflict. I thought there was something about when you are watching a show and hit record, it asks about going to the beginning or from the current point, this would prevent you from rewinding back and hitting record. Not sure if there was anything else going from memory way back months ago..

and by the way great site, too bad things didn't work out elsewhere
Bill

Thanks for the reminder Bill, my wife is watching the 721 now, but as soon as I can grab the remote from here I will take that screenshot for you. :)

Look for it hopefully in the morning.

I have also had my 721 reboot whenever I would lose the signal due to rainfade just as A_Noland had mentioned.

I do not like the way they have the transparent guide. I would have figured that they would have had the full screen guide like the 301 where its full screen. They could then make the whole guide transparent instead of part of it and it would be easier to see the picture.

I think they should make a feature where you can have one, two, or three lines of the guide at the bottom of the screen like the browse mode and still be able to navigate the guide up and down three channels at a time and into the future more than just the next show. I think some of the DirecTv receivers have a feature similar to this if I am not mistaken.

Well I also have the latest beta for my 721, and while I shouldn't say anything I have to say I'm less then impressed. There are still stacks of bugs. The reboot when 2 timers fire at the sametime - still exists. The Superdish Pointscreen barely works when you use DishPro hardware. When you exit from watching a PVR event don't change channels too fast or you still get a black screen. Don't change channels too fast using the remote, the unit will reboot. Don't lose the signal from the satellite as all kinds of random issues will occur - certainly don't expect the 721 will record even if it has the signal from another satellite.

Basically if you're a gentle user of your 721 you will find the coming upgrade works quite well. If you're a power user who tries to take advantage of the dual tuners and recording abilities you'll find they added some features, but didn't fix the critical bugs.

I'm seriously pained to have to say the above, but please people, don't get too excited - even after you've waited all these months there is no miracle cure for the issues the 721 has.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts