New $99 Roku player (Plays Netflix WatchNow!)

Sounds cool. So you browse on your PC, then add them to your watch instantly queue, and those selected movies show up on your box. I wonder if there is a way to browse the entire movie selection on the box?

-John

I bought one, my wife likes the watch instantly, but hates navigating the PC on the TV. I'll let you all know how it is after we play with it a bit.

i ordered mine today also, yeah the hd feature will be nice once its active, dont have a dvd player, only a hr20 dvr and high def tv. sounds like this will be a cool item to have around, im sure it is just a start, blockbuster will probably be next.

I will for sure. I'll mostly try to review the setup and PQ, but my I'll just transcribe what my wife tells me on her experience with it. She'll be much more objective. I came home and told her I bought one of the netflix boxes that I told her were coming months ago. She said "oh, thank you, that will HAVE to be easier to use"

It sounds like they made it as simple as possible, really. Just add movies to the "Watch Instantly" queue online, then they show up on the box.

I'd probably already own this (do not even currently sub to netflix) if their website wasnt so horrible for non-subscribers.

'Browse our Watch Now selection of 10,000 titles'

It then shows you 20.

If I knew what TV shows I could watch via Watch Now that'd go a long way to selling me.

I guess I'll have to sign up for a trial... there's a plugin for media center too that will get this over to my Xbox, so can test the video quality as-seen on my Sammy too (though, I guess I could relocate a laptop if I didn't want to do it through the 360).

Signed up for the trial... browsing the Watch Now selection is like walking into a Video Time (or Tyme) that closed its doors 15 years ago and none of the movies were taken off the shelf. Lots of old stuff.

I see LOTS of newer movies in the watch instantly. Heck there are quite a few from 2008 and 2007. before the devil knows your dead is one in my watch list that I wouldn't due a rental spot on. The amount of TV programs and kids show is the main interest to me.

Sure, it's not always the best, but I honestly find myself watching alot of stuff I wouldn't have cause I didn't want to waste a rental spot on it.

I guess I'll have to sign up for a trial... there's a plugin for media center too that will get this over to my Xbox, so can test the video quality as-seen on my Sammy too (though, I guess I could relocate a laptop if I didn't want to do it through the 360).

I didn't think that the Netflix media center plug-in supported streaming to the xbox right now. If it does could you please post a link to the information as I would love to use it.

Thanks for the link.

No problem,
There is a wealth of great Media center plugins available over at
The Green Button
There are some outstanding plugins available; MyMovies is one of my favorites

If there is a problem with me posting this link then pleaser remove, I know it is off topic....

The biggest problem I see with the Netflix player is that it is, another box in the entertainment center...... however it does get some good reviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts