New Access cards P6?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mastecinstaller

Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
Hey guys i just installed a few brown boxed d10-300's today and they all came with a new access cards with a newe paint job has the dtv logo on it and on the back says copyright 2005 dtv-nds pretty cool looking if u ask me

here is a picture

Attachments

• DSC07110.JPG
    DSC07110.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 557
  • DSC07111.JPG
    DSC07111.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 879
Definitely a new one. Wonder if it is a new generation or just the same generation with a new silked design. Either way pretty cool looking.

no.. you are all wrong.....duh!...its the card that makes it go!!! therfore it is the
P-(WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT) CARD....this thread is closed ...././

Beavis said:
Technically, it's the P11 from what we've been told.
Your right! I knew it was either P9 or P11 but couldn't quite remember which one but your right it is P11! ;)

moonman said:

How exactly? Trouble with what, why, for whom? This is great news to most all DirecTV users. As to those people with "moved to" service addresses, or those just outside the CONUS, that may be too bad and they are in the minority of all DirecTV users and just barely in the scope of legitimate IMHO.

moonman said:

Sorry, but this doesn't make any sense. Please explain HOW the contents in the card are going to get sent back to the D* billing system w/out a phone line? No, it isn't going to be by sat, since I am quite sure D* is not going to have a 2-way satellite link to turn your dish into an uplink for this info.

There is (obviously) something wrong with this info we're being given now...I love these kind of posts that make no sense. Remember the one that someone posted (might have been on another board) that D* was going to start doing some kind of cross check on the ANI coming back from the boxes that call in, to make sure they were not "out of the area" - that was several months ago that this was DEFINATELY going to happen. Guess what - it never materialized (either)... :rolleyes:

Hey guy's, don't shoot the messenger please! I was only pointing you to a fellow
member's post, who is suppose to have inside information on these new cards.
I don't understand how it's suppose to work either...what about RV's etc. on the move? If they can do what he say's they can, it would certainly cut down on signal theft and "grey" market use, which is OK by me!

This will make the hackers very angry... they are on the verge of releasing a hack for the P4 card this month or December. Also the P5's hack is claimed to be out early 2006. There's a guy I work with that gets into that sort of thing, so he keeps me informed on it, and rubs in that he "saves" money on his satallite service. :no

He 100% lies imho because the new cards are SAFE. BUT we shouldn't even be discussing this here as it will cause problems and I mean really, who cares, we all know real men pay for their signals; LOL!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts