New Account Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

IlliniChuck

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 9, 2007
I am currently a Dish Network Customer and I am looking to get DirecTV so that I can get the Big Ten Network and NFL Sunday Ticket. I also live in Florida, so I need to get my Bears games and why not get the Ticket if I can get a good discount for the first 4 months.

Question #1: If I sign up with only 1 receiver, can I purchase other receivers and not pay the multiple lease fee?

Question #2: If I upgrade to HD in the future, what kind of plans are available to get new equipment?

Question #3: I am planning on getting the DVR, which I assume means I have to sign a 2 year contract. If I cancel in the future, will the cancellation fee be prorated if I cancel before the 2 years are up.

Question #4: Are there any suggested set-ups that you guys would go with?

Question #5: If I decide to get an OTA, will they still come out and install it for only $49.99? I am planning on moving soon and probably won't get HD until I move (6-10 months).

Thanks for all your insight,

Chuck

First :welcome to the site. Hope you find all the information you need.

1) You can only lease new equipment. If you purchased some older equipment you would pay a mirror fee instead of a lease fee. They both are the same costs. You would be better off getting all your equipment at once.

2) It all depends on when you upgrade and what CSR you talk to. They will all give you different offers.

3) The cancellation fee is prorated. I think it is around $13.33 for every month you have left in your contract.

I would get at least the HR20 HD DVR. Its a good DVR and its HD. With all the new HD channels coming and VOD, its the receiver to have.

As for Directv installed OTA, I dont recommend. You can buy better ones yourself for less that get better reception. OTA is real fickle and the ones they install tend to not work that well and most installers are not real good at OTA only dishes. I would have them run an OTA line if you plan on adding an antenna later.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)