New Add-On Packages

I'm surprised how much more this package costs than the Welcome Pack, considering the locals are an extra $10.

Reactions: pattykay
I'm surprised how much more this package costs than the Welcome Pack, considering the locals are an extra $10.
You get TCM, NBCSN (maybe), Cooking, Food Net, DYI, Cartoon... Welcome Pack seems incomparable to the base Flex pack.

The Smart Pack seems to be the better comparison. The Turner channels are included with Flex (TNT, TBS, TCM) as is NBCSN, though you don't get the Nick channels, as you would with Smart. That'd be $10 more for the kids.

Flex Package Channels
(in order from the channel guide)
Are any of those available due to Freeviews and not inclusion with the package?

Aw... darn it! NBCSN is in free preview, which probably means it isn't in the package. :(

Blaze is also in free preview. No sobbing there. As are Sundance, RideTV, and Viceland.

You get TCM, NBCSN, Cooking, Food Net, DYI, Cartoon... Welcome Pack seems incomparable to the base Flex pack.

The Smart Pack seems to be the better comparison. The Turner channels are included with Flex (TNT, TBS, TCM) as is NBCSN, though you don't get the Nick channels, as you would with Smart. That'd be $10 more for the kids.
I hope Dish updates soon with a full official listing of what's in the Flex Pack - then I could use their own comparison tool.

Reactions: Tampa8 and Yespage
Are any of those available due to Freeviews and not inclusion with the package?
I checked that and the Freeviews LISTED now are Ride on 248, SundanceTV on 126, theBlaze on 212, Viceland on 121, and Sony Movie Channel on 386. Those are the ones listed by Dish on 103. If there are any other in Freeview I'm not aware of them.

I checked that and the Freeviews LISTED now are Ride on 248, SundanceTV on 126, theBlaze on 212, Viceland on 121, and Sony Movie Channel on 386. Those are the ones listed by Dish on 103. If there are any other in Freeview I'm not aware of them.
Interesting that Viceland, Sundance, and SMC aren't your list. Maybe hope for NBCSN. If not, I'd still need to give this a close look.

When I logged in today, and look under Core. The Details link next to Add-On Packages is gone, so I can't click and see those other Add-On Packages...
Yeah, I have Welcome Pack and I don't see them anymore, either. Darn it. I was excited.

Flex Package Channels

FETV/Cozi TV
USA
TV Land
Comedy Central
Lifetime
Food Network
DIY
HGTV
Cooking Channel
E!
Pop
History
SyFy
FXX
We
HDMovies
AMC
TCM
IFC
FX
QVC
TBS
TNT
NBC Sports
MTV2
VH1
GAC
CMT
Cartoon/Adult Swim
Discovery Family
Discovery Channel
TLC
Hallmark Channel
Travel Channel
Pivot
CNN
HLN
HSN
HSN2
Evine
Spike
TruTV
QVC Plus
INSP
Reelz
I talked to two separate CSR, NBCSN is not included in the flex Pak, NBCSN, FXX and a few other channels is on free preview for this month

Reactions: Yespage
Was afraid of that. Without NBCSN, that hurts. Now I need to think whether the EPL is worth $35 a month, the season is too long to drop it for any decent period of time.

I'd say this is a cross between DISH America and Smart Pack, and price-wise it is very much that. I figured out for my parents, if they wanted locals and ESPN yet, the Flex Pack would cost $5 more a month than DISH America and they would get an extra 15-20 "useful" channels, not the fluff stuff.... so to me this is a decent deal. Again, everyone's mileage may vary depending on needs I think.

Reactions: Tampa8
I called about an hour ago and the first rep I spoke to knew about Flex, had a list of the channels, cost, etc but didn't have the ability to add it to my account. He transferred me to the "loyalty department" (and I could have sworn I was talking to Scott Greczkowski from the sound of the guy's voice!!). He said this package is unpublished and basically in "test" mode. Only people in the loyalty or retention department can offer it - which they will do when a customer calls to cancel, get lower rates, etc. He also said it's very popular. Because it's unpublished, there are no channel listings (publicly) available. He offered to read them to, including all of the different packages, but I couldn't keep up in writing them down. He also suggested that if I want to add any of the other add-ons, I have to call. This is incorrect, but no big deal - I can see the add-ons under "Core" just like Link showed in his earlier screenshots.

Ultimately, my bill is $4/mo cheaper but I get back channels we like but lost when switching to Smart Pack.

Reactions: Tampa8
Flex Package Channels

FETV/Cozi TV
USA
TV Land
Comedy Central
Lifetime
Food Network
DIY
HGTV
Cooking Channel
E!
Pop
History
SyFy
FXX
We
HDMovies
AMC
TCM
IFC
FX
QVC
TBS
TNT
NBC Sports
MTV2
VH1
GAC
CMT
Cartoon/Adult Swim
Discovery Family
Discovery Channel
TLC
Hallmark Channel
Travel Channel
Pivot
CNN
HLN
HSN
HSN2
Evine
Spike
TruTV
QVC Plus
INSP
Reelz

Appreciate your posts on this. I do see a difference in the two lists so it will be best when we can get actual lists from DISH including add ons. As an example If NatGeo is not in the core if it's in a pack with other wanted channels it may be worth getting that pack, otherwise a decision to lose that channel or not. Some may want locals, some not, ditto Sports etc... If you don't need a particular category you may save quite alot. (Natgeo/Bravo would nicely round out the list maybe they are in the same pack)

Well it took 3 phone calls between last night and this morning but I got the flex pack. I had to go through cancellations to get it and then because I had installed my own hopper 3 , 4K Joey and Joey 2.0 their system wouldn't allow them to turn it on. They were going to send a tech to do the software from my house , free of charge Saturday. I went to the store and when I got home I got an email saying my tech appointment was cancelled. When I called DISH back she said they figured how to do the install of the flex pack on their end and it was on my account and I would see the channels. When I first looked I had the same channels and when I selected one I knew I didn't sub to , it popped up with a message that I needed to unplug my receiver and let it reboot. So I did and the new channels came through.

I am now paying $60.99 before you add the fees and my HBO subscription . NOt counting the $40.00 off I get for six months from loyalty department. So $34.99 for flex pack+ $10.00 for locals+$10.00 for news pack + $6.00 for heartland pack. I am saving some. $29.00 on just my basic programming pack compared to $89.99 for top 250 that I did have.

The Csr who was an American man , not a foreigner like I usually get, said that this was their first move into real ala cart and that they would surely see some pushback from programming channels (ESPN> Sports). But that it was within their contracts to do this. I smell a lawsuit with ESPN coming up in the not so distant future. Either way I am really happy with this change on DISH's part.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: TheKrell and Tampa8
Well now everyone knows how to get it . Go through cancellations and ask for the flex pack department.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: Link