New Add-On Packages

I am super happy to hear about this package. I have got to bring my bill down but I was having a tough time deciding between Welcome and Smart packs for the channels we like but the Flex pack fits the bill perfectly! The kids will lose out, but they can just stick to Netflix. I am going to call this weekend and see if I can make the switch.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
What channels are in the add on packages does anyone know?...Never mind, I found the first post, forgot they were on there

Last edited:
I talked to two separate CSR, NBCSN is not included in the flex Pak, NBCSN, FXX and a few other channels is on free preview for this month

Not sure that is even correct, FXX doesn't show as being in preview.... We really need to wait for an official list to know for sure. Can DIRT give us one?

Reactions: pattykay
If anyone has the Flex pack and didn't spring for the $10 locals add-on... Do you still get any guide info on your OTA channels?

I got the locals pack. But I know that my old 211k that is still hooked up to the sat dish, but not authorized gets all ota guide information for the channels that DISH carries. Something changed recently that allows it to see the guide information whether it is subscribed or not.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Speaking of free previews, I have (2) channel 103, one being free previews (indicated as SD) and one as the Hopper channel. Problem is, I can't view the previews channel. When I select it, it takes me to the Hopper channel.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Just got home a bit ago and wrote down what channels show up for the base "Flex" package. Note the ones I crossed out - they showed in the guide but after a reboot, they went away. When I spoke to the two, he indicated I'd only get CNN so when I saw Fox News, I suspected something was wrong.

d5fcb177d5a600c63267b136b1259b90.jpg

Reactions: Yespage
Just got home a bit ago and wrote down what channels show up for the base "Flex" package. Note the ones I crossed out - they showed in the guide but after a reboot, they went away. When I spoke to the two, he indicated I'd only get CNN so when I saw Fox News, I suspected something was wrong.

d5fcb177d5a600c63267b136b1259b90.jpg

Thanks for posting. Nick and Boomerang aren't part of it.

Here is a lineup update I put together with information:

The new Flex Package is now available on Dish for $34.99 a month. Add-on packages are available--Locals Pack, Regional Action Pack, National Action Pack, Kids Pack, and News Pack are $10 each. Heartland and Variety Pack are $6 each, Outdoor Pack is $4. You have to call customer service to the Loyalty department (866-974-0769) to request this package. They aren't posting it anywhere yet and no lineup is available online.

Note: No Fox Sports RSN is available at this time. Multisport w/Redzone still requires Top 120 Plus or higher to add, hopefully this changes in the future.

Here is the lineup based on what I am receiving (excluding Freeview channels):

Flex Pack Channels ($34.99)
(in order from the channel guide)

USA
TV Land
Comedy Central
Lifetime
Food Network
DIY
HGTV
Cooking Channel
E!
Pop
History
SyFy
FXX
We
HDMovies
AMC
TCM
IFC
FX
QVC
TBS
TNT
MTV2
VH1
GAC
CMT
Cartoon/Adult Swim
Discovery Channel
TLC
Hallmark Channel
National Geographic Channel
Travel Channel
Pivot
CNN
HLN
HSN
HSN2
Evine
Spike
TruTV
QVC Plus
INSP
Reelz
FeTV/Cozi TV (not sure if this is with locals or included in the main Flex Pack)

Add-On Packages

Locals Pack ($10): Your local channels in your area, these are optional with Flex Pack.

National Action Pack ($10): AXS.TV, ESPN and ESPN 2, Fox Sports 1, TVG, TVG2, Fuse, Universal HD, Velocity HD

Regional Action Pack ($10): ESPN Buzzer Beater, Big 10 Network. Fox Sports 2, Longhorn Network, Outside Network, PAC-12 Network, SEC HD, World Fishing Network

Kids' Pack ($10): Animal Planet, Baby TV, Boomerang, Disney, Disney Jr, Disney XD, Nick Toons, Nick Jr.

News Pack ($10): Bloomberg, Blaze, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, Fox Business, Weather Channel

Variety Pack ($6): BET, Bravo, Crime and Investigation, FreeForm, Investigation Discovery, Lifetime Movie Network

Heartland ($6): Baby TV, Discovery Family, GSN, Hallmark, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries, OWN, PiXL, RFD-TV, Ride TV, Rural TV/FamilyNet, Up

Outdoor($4): Outdoor Channel, Outside TV, Sportsman Channel, World Fishing Network

Reactions: zippyfrog
Hallmark is listed under General and Heartland. This may be true, but I wanted to point it out

I guess dish will use these packs as a way to lower your bill when you threaten to cancel now instead of being so generous with the monthly credits like they are now

Not sure that is even correct, FXX doesn't show as being in preview.... We really need to wait for an official list to know for sure. Can DIRT give us one?
FXX & NBCSN is running free for now, but it is not listed on channel 103, maybe it has to do with the local dispute, i can see them on all of my low tier account

Reactions: pattykay
LOL now my head is spinning from the different lists..... I sent a message to DIRT earlier but no reply to get an actual line up. I didn't go down the DISH phone CSR route....

Reactions: TheKrell